Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
Jetboystew
Level 4

Dispute Center

Has anyone else been strong armed by thumbtack to settle a dispute where the customer is 100 percent wrong but they try and force you to give them what they want or they stop your access to the leads?
0 Kudos
11 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Dispute Center

Hi there @Jetboystew I'm going to look into your account and get a better idea of what's going on and see what I can do to help. Keep an eye out for a DM from me later in the day. 

0 Kudos
Jetboystew
Level 4

I have now been forced I to some kind of mediation process with thumbtack blackmailing me into the discussion. Thumbtack has provided a forum that allows the customer to call me names and tell at me. I am a 5 star rated top pro and have been for years and now your company is holding all the time and effort I have put into this platform over the years hostage and giving voice to a customer that is combative and unprofessional.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Jetboystew When there's a dispute between a customer and pro, it's our goal to help as much as we can to find a resolution that's as fair as possible. We have the Solution Center for pros and customers to use when these disputes pop up. We hope that they can work it out between themselves but we're always here to help. We don't take sides and we expect both sides to remain professional because overall, we're just looking for the best solution.

Our Marketplace Trust and Safety team sent you an email with an update on your case. At this time, if you have any other questions and concerns regarding this, they're going to be the best point of contact. 

0 Kudos
Jetboystew
Level 4

Obviously you take sides, I was accused with no proof, I have an immaculate record and then I am forced by thumbtack to either expose myself to liability, as decided by you, or lose my substantial investment in your platform. I'm not sure what you call that but in my world that is strong arm tactics at its finest.
0 Kudos

I would really like clarification and assurance that this is not the practice of Thumbtack and that as a pro, our profile will never be halted or held hostage because of a customer complaint. Thank you.

Moderator Meckell

We are neutral with any dispute between a customer and a pro. Whenever we have a customer reach out to us with a concern, we have to do our due diligence and contact the service provider to make sure the concern is being addressed and/or resolved.
We care about your business and want you to succeed. We expect pros who use Thumbtack to be professional and responsive, to address their customer’s concerns, and to abide by any local laws regarding professional credentials or licensing.
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any specific concerns about your account

0 Kudos

I have the same issue going on, I’ve built a great clientele and have great ratings and one customer claims I fried her control board when she was right there when I saw the black on the board from an exposed wire . Just because she has more documentation (not credible) I can’t get work now and am just sitting ?! This is wrong and I get y’alls position but to stop me from working when there’s no evidence just going by a customers word ?..
0 Kudos
CoverKings
Level 1

Dispute Center

Can someone call me Monday morning @10 central time Its about a dispute I'm not interested in the 3 choices you gave me to choose Thank you Phil Watts
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @CoverKings, thanks for reaching out. I see that you've been working with our Marketplace Trust and Safety team regarding your concerns. They're going to be the best point of contact moving forward to come to a resolution. Send me a private message if you have any further questions or concerns. 

0 Kudos