Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
SharonM7
Level 6

Do customers know we're charged when they contact us?

Hey thumbtack,

Please have a message that pops up that says something like: Pro will be charged when you contact them.

I'm sorry if this cuts down on your profit, but it's also not fair that the majority of people who contact me are go radio silent. Half don't even say anything at all, they just contact me, almost like they hit the Contact button by mistake. And I'm charged.

Granted, there will be people who could care less if I'm charged, they're window shopping and don't care. But I think a decent human being will pause for a moment before hitting Contact when they see that message.

Please do the right thing. I spend hundreds on your business every month. Don't you think my voice deserves to be taken seriously?

5 responses
cranichik
Level 8

Re: Do customers know we're charged when they contact us?

This is why I don't use promote. I never saw the sense in being charged for a useless lead for some job I can't or won't do. I prefer to just check the jobs tab, and IF I see a good lead, I will respond.

Highlighted
rachelray
Level 5

If you send a quote without the customer reaching out to you, chances are slim they will ever even know you sent a quote. I set up a fake email & sent a job request to see what was going on after I sent 32 quotes & not ONE person responded to me. Guess what? I sent the quote to my fake customer & the quote did not go to my fake email like the ones I "reached out" to did. (And no, I didn't contact the other Pros; no need for them to lose money on my experiment). The quote I sent got buried in the fake customer's project page on their account. VERY hard to find & TT does NOT make it clear that there are more quotes to view.

Absolutely unfair, imo.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Hey @SharonM7, thanks for sharing your feedback around customers that don't respond and this idea to possibly try and solve for that. I'll make sure to share this with our teams as they work to have unresponsive customers contacting pros happen less often. 

0 Kudos
workshop914
Level 4

This new pricing model is kind of insane to me. I have to increase my weekly budget to $55 just to send one quote? I don't understand and maybe I'm just out of my element but it seems like these advertising prices are ridiculously high. Does anyone have the same or different perspective?

DJStevie
Level 12

Even with the so called 20% off with Promote, prices are still high. Doesn't affect me much, and I'm sure other Pros as well, because anything in my inbox is far and few between.
I've given suggestions months ago about pricing, but haven't seen anything happening. Maybe next month?
DJ Stevie 6-13-2019
0 Kudos