Highlighted

Do customers know we're charged when they contact us?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hey thumbtack,

Please have a message that pops up that says something like: Pro will be charged when you contact them.

I'm sorry if this cuts down on your profit, but it's also not fair that the majority of people who contact me are go radio silent. Half don't even say anything at all, they just contact me, almost like they hit the Contact button by mistake. And I'm charged.

Granted, there will be people who could care less if I'm charged, they're window shopping and don't care. But I think a decent human being will pause for a moment before hitting Contact when they see that message.

Please do the right thing. I spend hundreds on your business every month. Don't you think my voice deserves to be taken seriously?

replies
Highlighted

Re: Do customers know we're charged when they contact us?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

This is why I don't use promote. I never saw the sense in being charged for a useless lead for some job I can't or won't do. I prefer to just check the jobs tab, and IF I see a good lead, I will respond.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

Hey @SharonM7, thanks for sharing your feedback around customers that don't respond and this idea to possibly try and solve for that. I'll make sure to share this with our teams as they work to have unresponsive customers contacting pros happen less often. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

This new pricing model is kind of insane to me. I have to increase my weekly budget to $55 just to send one quote? I don't understand and maybe I'm just out of my element but it seems like these advertising prices are ridiculously high. Does anyone have the same or different perspective?

Community Expert
Best Answer
Even with the so called 20% off with Promote, prices are still high. Doesn't affect me much, and I'm sure other Pros as well, because anything in my inbox is far and few between.
I've given suggestions months ago about pricing, but haven't seen anything happening. Maybe next month?
DJ Stevie 6-13-2019
Highlighted

Customer Notification

Community Regular
Best Answer

Is TT planning on notifying their customers that TT Pros are paying TT for leads when they contact us for anything? 

I believe an pop up box notification to the customer informing them of how much an Pro will pay for just the contact with the Pro would be EXTREMLEY helpful. Everyone of my past customers had no idea that each Pro was, and is paying for the contact.

Wouldnt that be an very easy change to the system, which would provide transparency?

TIA for your responses...