Highlighted

Does Thumbtack hide the Pro's profile once they've reached their weekly budget??

Community Regular
Best Answer

Does Thumbtack hide the Pro's profile once they've reached their weekly budget??

I can;t find my profile ANYWHERE! I normally in the top 10-12 profiles but when i look myself up, I am not showing...

States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Does Thumbtack hide the Pro's profile once they've reached their weekly budget??

Best Answer

Great question @tmholbert. Once a pro hits their budget, they will not appear in search results until they increase their budget, or until it resets. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Does Thumbtack hide the Pro's profile once they've reached their weekly budget??

Active Community Member
Best Answer
Yes. They do. But it’s worth noting that I’ve noticed there are some timeframes when my profile is not displayed (even though my budget is fine), the search results are significantly different than usual and the profile pics are all messed up.

I think TT is a testing their algorithm to extract most ’matchs’. Most matchs yields the highest returns for TT. I doubt the Pros returns feature, since it’s impossible to say for sure what exactly each Pros return is.

What is the fair way to distribute/feature Pros for work anyway?? The algorithm decides a Pros fate.

At this point, in my recent experience, hoping to be listed in search is like playing the slots.