Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
MR
Level 11

Extremely disappointed with customer service unwillingness to admit a mistake

I received and was auto-charged for several leads in my Inbox over the past few weeks that were not exact matches in that a) they were outside of the geography that I selected AND, were 30+ miles from my location while the lead said they were willing to travel up to 25 miles.

For each Lead, they were in the city of Chicago - I clearly do not have any part of Chicago in my geo-preferences. They were at least 30+ miles from my location. Some are 40+ miles.

Each time, my credit request was denied, and I had to spend valuable time opening up a chat session. Each time, I struggled through the poor english of the customer service rep, and although I did finally get the "courtesy credit" I never received an admission that I was correct and that the lead never should have been charged to me. 

I have a script of the latest full chat session if TT would like me to send it to them. However here are a few of the important lines:

CS-REP: I have carefully reviewed those said leads and I can see that you have obtained those said leads from Promote. Technically they are Perfect match for your Job preferences, If I may ask, why do you think those are not a good fit for you?

ME: They are not a match at all ... they are in the city of chicago of which my geo settings say that I do not want , and they say they are willing to travel 25 miles to pro but I am more than 30 miles from their zipcode

CS-REP: I totally get your point on that part. I do apologize for the inconvenience Michael technically what happened is that it was considered because of your Travel preferences whether you traveling to the customer or them traveling to you. For me to help you today, I will do grant those refunds as a courtesy refund for being an Awesome and Loyal pro like you.

CS-REP: I assure you that I will personally submit a feedback to our Internal team about what you have experience about Promote.

ME: But.. i dont understand how you can say my profile suggests that this is a lead I want.. neither my preferences distance wise or theirs are a match... where do you see that there is a match here?

CS-REP: While reviewing the lead I found out that the Job preferences that the customer filtered on their search results was exactly within your Job preferences but I really do apologize about the distance whether you travel to them or them traveling to you.

I assure you that our Internal team will do receive my feedback report.

---

So my ask to TT is as follows: 

1) Can this issue be corrected once and for all?

2) Can the CS reps be trained to actually admit when a mistake is made. There is no grey zone in this case and I understand that an automated system is complicated and may need to be fine tuned, but when a CS Rep is unwilling to admit to an error, it sheds a very poor light on the entire corporation.

Thank you.

States
10 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Extremely disappointed with customer service unwillingness to admit a mistake

Hi there @MR I'm sorry to hear about the experience. In order for me to fully understand your situation, I'll need to look into things. Can I get the first name of the customers in which their jobs were out of your preferences? Once I get that, I'll be able to give you more clarification. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

Re: Extremely disappointed with customer service unwillingness to admit a mistake

Sure. They are Jeovani and Kavir.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thank you for that @MR. I do see that those customers are about 30 miles away from you, so I'm sorry about any confusion that happened on our end. I did send this to our team to look into to see why they contacted you and what can be done to prevent this from happening in the future. I will be sure to reach out to you once I have an update! 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Meckell Thank you. It does happen on a fairly regular basis so resolving the issue would indeed be a welcome fix.

Moderator Meckell

@MR I got more clarification on your situation. We are using the air distance in calculating the travel radius and not the driving distance. These jobs were in that 25-mile radius and therefore, did match your preferences.

I apologize for any confusion! 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Meckell   Ok, thank you. So then, how do we block off the areas that we do not want to receive and auto pay for leads that are actually within the, say 25 mile radius that a lead is willing to travel?

This issue will come into play especially for pros near state lines where they are able to work in their state but not in the neighboring state where they are not licensed. But certainly, as is my case, state lines are not the only restriction as I will not take cases for leads who are in the NW side of Chicago and will simply decline them on the spot.  Which is fine, but I don't want to pay for them.

Moderator Meckell

@MR as of right now there's not an option for that. If customers say they're willing to travel 50 miles to a pro and they're 50 miles away from you, it will be considered a perfect match. We have been hearing that pros want more control over how far away customers are that say they're willing to travel to them. I can assure you that we're listening to this feedback! All of your concerns will be passed along. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

@Meckell This doesn't make sense to me. A job requester states he will travel x distance (e.g. 25 miles) BUT he will cross state lines, where a Pro is not licensed to practice. So, because the job requester is not well informed, the Pro still has to pay for this, because of a distance factor in TT algorithim?

This can't be true! How can you claim "perfect match" if the Pro is not legally able to accept such job??

Moderator Kameron

@MR @cranichik based on situations like these and additional feedback, we've recently come out with this new update HERE. Along with pros being able to choose how far they will travel, this update will allow pros to choose how far they'd like to show up in the search for clients that are willing to come to them. 

0 Kudos