Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Antelligent
Level 5

False Leads & Outrageous Cost

Solved! Jump to solution

A lead decided to select me for hire out of a list of photographers at 1:37 AM. So Thumbtack charged me $8.11 to respond back and accept the lead, however though, the lead (Adrienne L.) didn't bother to respond back or type 'No Thanks', so I would not be charged and get a full refund. Later on this morning, I had reached out to Thumbtack, both by Chat & Phone Call to explain and get this resolved, but they refused to give me a refund & suggested that I wait 48 hours for feedback.  . . . Mean while, 3 hours later the same Lead (Adrienne L.) made a NEW Request for a Photographer and didn't bother to close out her previous Lead request, which means more Pro's will have to pay an 'Outrageous Cost' for a 'False Lead' unaware that she had already created a previous request for a photographer!

Thumbtack-lead.jpgThumbtack-lead cost.jpg

A few days ago, I lost $17, paying for a lead as the requester didn't respond back until the next day, stating that she had found another photographer else where, but didn't close-out the post. I had called Thumbtack about that sistuation and they still refused to refund my money back!

------------------------------------

Update

------------------------------------

Now, the person has responded. However, her new Request//Post is still active as more Pro's have already tried to contact and is still unknowingly paying for the lead. It's not fair for everyone to keep paying for the same lead on two requests.  

Occupations (2)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: False Leads & Outrageous Cost

Solved! Jump to solution

@Antelligent along with your post here, I’ve read through your recent interactions with our teams regarding a refund for the duplicate request. Thumbtack does have a set refund policy which you can find here:  https://help.thumbtack.com/article/refunds.

If a duplicate is created with seven days of each other, and you’ve been contacted twice by the customer you’ll automatically be refunded, or not charged at all for the second contact depending on when it’s detected. In regards to your situation, it looks like the customer may have updated the city on the project. If you or any other pro chose to respond to both the first posting and the second then the second response wouldn’t be one we charge you for. I also found that the customer responded to your information and examples of your work with great interest which is awesome!

0 Kudos
2 responses
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Antelligent along with your post here, I’ve read through your recent interactions with our teams regarding a refund for the duplicate request. Thumbtack does have a set refund policy which you can find here:  https://help.thumbtack.com/article/refunds.

If a duplicate is created with seven days of each other, and you’ve been contacted twice by the customer you’ll automatically be refunded, or not charged at all for the second contact depending on when it’s detected. In regards to your situation, it looks like the customer may have updated the city on the project. If you or any other pro chose to respond to both the first posting and the second then the second response wouldn’t be one we charge you for. I also found that the customer responded to your information and examples of your work with great interest which is awesome!

0 Kudos
Antelligent
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Ok. Thank you

0 Kudos