Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
wandafully
Level 5

Re: False leads

I cant even !!! 

IT seems the responses on these false leads are all the same :

When are you available ? - Why is this the sdame question ?? Why Am I paying for this ??? Then that person askes " when are you available?" - Whyyy??? The job has a date ! Then the "potential lead" asks that sme question to over 10 pros ??? This is ludicrous ! So all of us pay for a client who asks "when are you available" and never responds? I find this to be too much of a coincidence.  I paid 135.00 in the past 2 weeks !! are you kidding me ?? Yes 135.00 and only to get that question and not ONE real job or response.  

NOT FAIR !!! Thumbtack needs to fix this. 

Highlighted
Qwksilver
Level 6

They do not hire anyone from TT!! Just shopping and hire elsewhere! Enough said on such a sore subject. But you are losing pros!

uphdoc
Level 4

Trying to go along with the NEW thumbtack , as well recieving bad leads ,THEN having to defend myself when I notify Thumb ( who also little to nothing about my industry "Upholsyery" ,  Turn Auto OFF , they will have people thinking You are Very interested in a Job which has Nothing to do with 'Us" .. Then charged us a double 'Rate' as they have priced out the would be job twice as muuch as the job required through an Auto system .. We the People (paying Thumb) need a BIG meeting of the minds ... Go back to the pay as you go "Credit" system !! 

my 2 cents 

aurorart
Level 4

I'm agree with you.
aurorart
Level 4

Agree with you! We keep spending money trying to get some work that it is not for certain, and the amount of money for each job is too high just by getting a reply from a potential customer that just wants to ask you something and then you won't ever contact you again, and you get charged.
I don't usually complain, but I am not happy with the way Thumbtack is charging us. I rather to been charge by credit as it was before.
Greenliving
Level 4

I am also getting frustrated with these false leads that are costing me money sometimes I am charged and I haven't even been contacted by a customer. Makes me feel like Thumbtack is scamming me with false customers contacting me
Greenliving
Level 4

Then there is no way for me to tell how much a lead is costing me I can't find out until it shows up on my bank statement I just paid $75 for a lead where customer set up appointment and then flaked on me.
Moderator Meckell

@Greenliving a little over a month ago we made an announcement about showing prices upfront. If you haven't seen that yet, you should give it a read! All you need to do to see the cost of the contact is to select the request details and then click, "learn more." Let me know if you have any questions about this!

0 Kudos

Reading about enhancements (and I use that term lightly) or changes should not have to be referenced to announcements made in a forum sections... is there anyone at TT who even knows how to develop a communications strategy??? References should be made to a standard, centralized knowledgebase - WHERE IT WOULD BE EASY TO FIND! I'd dare anyone else to be able to search and find this nonsense you call "announcements." 

To go one step further (and this is something that I have pushed for time and time again without even an acknowledgement or a "yeah, that's a great idea" but has yet to be enacted) these "announcements" should be not be communicated solely in a forum, rather they should be communicated to "ALL ONLINE PROS" via an enewsletter that not only conveys enhancements/changes but actually cultivates needed dialogue concerning "proposed" enhancements/changes before they are enacted to fully get a grasp of how if they changes are needed or necessary as well as input (communication threads in a forum) as maybe a better way of doing things. 

No that again would make too much sense, and I get tired of having to repeat myself. It is situations like this that prove out that there really is no long-term strategy being done at TT... :-(

fitcap
Level 7

THIS IS WHAT A "SUPPORT PERSON" AT THUMBTACK SENT TO ME

IN RESPONSE TO ALL MY UNHAPPY THOUGHTS ABOUT THUMBTACK THESE DAYS Smiley Sad

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS????