Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
magicmikecat
Level 5

Fee Suggestion(s)

Browsing through the different topics and forums it appears many people are turned off by the new pricing.  I agree - I just received a comment "how much is your fee" (it was already in the quote) - I sent back my fee, never heard back, and was charged $14.  I appreciate Thumbtack and up to this point is has been my favorite lead gernerated site.  I do appreciate not being charge for a potential client just viewing my quote so I don't necessarily want to go back to that system either.  Here is a suggestion:

Go back to the old fee system (mine was about $3.50 - $5.00) if the customer gives the initial contact.  Then if/when one of the pros are booked (Customer indicates "Marked as hired") then charge that pro an additional fee.  All the other sites only charge around $20 after a hire and nothing to quote (but they also charge a yearly fee to be on the site).

Any other suggestions that would be fair for both the pros and Thumbtack?  The current system isn't really fair for the pros in my opinion.

Occupations (1)
States
44 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Fee Suggestion(s)

Hey there @magicmikecat. We've received a lot of great feedback about our pricing system and appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think.  I sent your suggestion directly to our Product Team. We get that things aren't perfect, but I promise we're working on it. Keep the feedback coming! 

DrJay
Level 6

How long are you going to be "working" on it??  This has been going on for some time now, and I have complained a lot.  I don't think this pricing system works for "all" business.  You really need to talk with the businesses that are complaining the most and try to understand where you are "missing" vital information.  I can not justify spending $15 to get a $75 job, that is 20% of my money going to TT.  Not good business.

tlittlej
Level 6

At least their responses are in line with the verbal response you'll get on the phone.

I love that they totally don't care to "fix" anything for Pros, but have commercials about how good they are for Clients.

PB
Level 5

Moderator,
My cost per hire/view has doubled! Why is the fee so much higher now? I am hesitant to even respond because I get my people who just ask all the quotes one question, then hire no one and we are all charged double what our previous cost per quote was and don't get hired. How is this an improvement of services for us? I don't even have a way to charge them a deposit through the site to assure they won't cancel even though I was hired and paid a fee. You need to change this immediately or fewer and fewer pros will even bother to quote.
Highlighted
PhillyG
Level 5

No one minds paying a fee or % for a hire. T T had the right idea to limit the number of quotes and days posted but that seems to be gone with no notifications. My most successful category was eliminated (solo musician) and I was reassigned to an overly general category music entertainment. The DN category is totally blown out. There is no benefit to being a Too Pro that I can see. The company has not improved the information sent by clients I imagine to make it easier for clients to post what may be just a passing thought that we now pay 7 times more if they as much as reply "thanks but not needing the service after all". This won't end well for the company or anyone...

@magicmikecat Great suggestion! I hope Thumbtack will seriously consider a better pricing structure and promptly implement an alternative. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see from the forum posts that most pros are hurting from the fees.

Johnjr
Level 6

I am glad you are working for a solution how about a fee an estimate is be given? At least then we get a shot at the job and just for answering a question.
tlittlej
Level 6

Johnjr, please don't hold your breath.  This the same company that went from $5 for people to "open" you quote to $50 for them to ask you what is it you do.

GrampysMagic
Level 7

GREAT idea @magicmikecat ! I would be willing to pay that.  A few bucks to bid and a small commision if we get hired.