Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Fee Suggestion(s)

Fees are killing me. Hundred dollars every few days. Not cool.
0 Kudos
tlittlej
Level 6

Re: Fee Suggestion(s)

I've quit with this site until I see some type of sensible changes and know it will be years till it comes.

djdream
Level 4

Why Am I getting Charged so much for one lead 35.00 for a wedding lead!?!?

Why Am I getting Charged so much for one lead 35.00 for a wedding lead!?!? I think the most I ever payed was 15.00. this is very discoraging and I amready to cancell my account.

Lifetime
Level 1

Re: Why Am I getting Charged so much for one lead 35.00 for a wedding lead!?!?

I just signed up today. Within minutes I sent my first quote. I was charged $58 for the customer to respond telling me I was priced too high.
Moderator Jordan

@Lifetime I'm digging into your account to see what's going on with this charge. Look out for a private message from me in the next few minutes!

Moderator Jordan

Hey @djdream I wish I had a clearer answer for you on pricing. Thumbtack made the jump to paying for a customer contact (versus paying for every single quote) in the last couple months and while I think it's an awesome direction, I recognize it's far from perfect. I know a lot of other people working here do to. I don't have a set date to share, but fixing pricing and pricing transparency is number 1 on Thumbtack's list right now. 

djdream
Level 4

The client asked me if I had a promo video?  I said no but I have videos through thumbtack. Then I got charged 35.00. Ireally don't like this new system. Please please help me out here.

Charsie1
Level 5

Cost of bids

This system just isn't working. Now I've been charged over $30 for a potential customer to message me and say the size of the job has changed from an entire house to a bed and bath. I can't keep throwing what little money I have away. I'm a small independent business, that isn't getting any business from this investment.
trevino-ent
Level 5

[Title Removed]

We went from knowing exactly what we were paying for with quotes to not knowing until after it is too late and our card is charged?  If it costs us $25 or more just to connect with one client, then I'd be better off with paying for a monthly premium listing on WeDJ or WeddingWire.  For a $500 prom or small party gig, we are paying 5% - that is an extremely high cost to acquire, and that isn't even a for sure deal.  Then we have to "win" them, according to Thumbtack.  I get what they're trying to do, but they had a great model when I first joined and it is totally trash now.  The worst part?  They charge us more for the higher potentail they think we will make on a job.  Because their costs increase significantly displaying jobs that pay $1,000 versus jobs that pay $100?  

Moderator Meckell

Re: [Titled Removed]

Hi there @trevino-ent I get where you're coming from. You were able to see the price in the past when you sent a quote, but keep in mind that was back when you paid to send quotes. Since now you're sending quotes for free and only pay for a response, pricing is different and is higher because it's more valuable than before. We determine the cost based off of the value of the job and how you're contacted. Because we don't know how and if you'll be contacted, it's hard to give a price upfront. We know you guys want to see some transparency. We're working on giving that to you, it's just taking some time. 

0 Kudos