Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
trevino-ent
Level 5

Re: [Titled Removed]

Transparency makes it sound like we are asking you to open up your books so we can make decisions - we don't. 

How it is structured right now is like looking at a menu with no prices, ordering your food, eating, getting the bill with no total on it, giving our card to the waiter, and then waiting to see what we get charged.  It is hard to understand how that model made it beyond a focus group or advisory group.  Multiple people had to sign off on a format that charges users without them knowing what you will charge them.  That is what is frustrating.  This isn't a glitch in software or a feature that isn't working.  It was a fundamental, organization-wide decision to move in this direction.

To keep this constructive, I'd like to make the following suggestions:

1. Let us determine if we want to spend the money on gigs.  Personally, I could look at the details and make a judgement on whether or not I'd spend time or money trying to contact them.  Was there a poll or something done that favored paying a higher price for only leads that contact us?  I would suggest re-polling now after this new model was rolled out.

2. If you're going to keep this model, let us know ahead of time what we will be charged if they contact us.  In my opinion, I have seen gigs go days without anyone sending a quote and I would assume it is because of the high engagement cost.

3. Take a look at your prices.  If only four people contacted me a month, at an average of $25 each, that is $100 a month.  On Google, I could get top-level listings on two similar sites that just showed up higher than Thumbtack.  They don't charge per lead, which lets me plan and budget.  I stopped advertising on those and just used Thumbtack for a while because I liked the model better. 

2wolvesdj
Level 2

Re: [Titled Removed]

Agree! - Too many looking for DJs will contact everyone and post on every wedding site  then choose one  - and maybe off of another site  - have had some contact me direct - THEN see them hitting TT 

0 Kudos
jaad1216
Level 1

charging

i was contacted by a few customer that didnt hire me and it cost me more than 2 jobs would have paid shgouldnt we get charged if we are hired ?i think iam over thumbtack so far ive been charged more than ive made in joib home advisor here i come

Moderator Jordan

Re: charging

Are you saying the cost of the contact was more than how much you'd make if you got the job? While the connection is what Thumbtack charges for, if the contact cost is higher than the job that's something I'd really like to send over to the right people to look into.

0 Kudos
SandyJoT
Level 5

[TITLE REMOVED]

I can't afford your new system.  We should NOT be charged unless we are HIRED.  When a pro sends a bid, they end up PAYING for someone to reply that they hired someone else.  With 15 people bidding THUMBTACK is making a fortune each time a response goes to the pro, even if they only respond with a "decided not to do the project, but thanks for getting back with me so fast."

Moderator Jordan

Hey , your frustration is totally valid. You've been with...

Hey @SandyJoT, your frustration is totally valid. You've been with Thumbtack for a good chunk of time, found success on our original model, and now this change is mixing things up. At the core, you're still charged for the same thing as before - the connection. We've never been able to guarantee a hire, that part has been up to the professional. However, I get it, the price tag is shocking. What's made this work for a lot of professionals is looking at the bigger picture. You're no longer paying for people who just look or tell you "no thank you." You're only paying for the customers who reach out to you specifically, showing interest and wanting more info. When you have some time, take a look at what you spent last week (or whatever week since the change) and compare what you're paying now to what you used to pay. Take all the quotes that went out for free and see what that would've cost you on the old model versus now. It'll be a good way to see if this is beneficial or if it's not it's completely valid to take a step back as Thumbtack works through these changes.

Serge
Level 6

How much has your avg bid cost gone up over the old system?

How much has your avg bid cost gone up over the old system?

0 Kudos
SandyJoT
Level 5

Re: What a RIPOFF

We used to pay $3-5 per bid but now its $15-17 per bid
Serge
Level 6

That is a decent bump. Are u able to raise your rates at...

That is a decent bump. Are u able to raise your rates at all to absorb the increase?

For me, the increase I get, but the rate I pay for a blank click with say google adwords is about 7/10$. And that's close to what I payto, but at tt, I get to screen my bids to a degree. So it still a good roi.

Is TT your only source for leads atm?

0 Kudos
SandyJoT
Level 5

The way we used to win bids is making sure we were the ch...

The way we used to win bids is making sure we were the cheapest at what we charged our customers. It was a rule at not gouging our clients like the bigger named cleaning companies. We won 99% of every bid. 2 years ago we used TT and I boosted my income from $1700 a month to $5-7K. Of course with the more income it also costs more with supplies and paying employees and everything.... But honestly, it feels it's not even worth messing with TT any longer and just going back to Google and Facebook.