Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
JoeB131
Level 6

Re: Please help, losing money

@Torpaint  I've gone from making an 80% profit off my use of Thumbtack to the point where I lose money continuing to use it.  I don't think they are going to fix or change the problem, most of us have been complaining for months.  

Torpaint
Level 4

Oh no, thanks for your reply. Everything about this new system is bad for my business!
Highlighted
K-9
Level 6

Hi Torpaint, I feel your pain and I can sympathize with each and every one of your points. Including where you said: 

"Then you have the new feature where a customer can contact me directly and ask for a quote, yet they never even reply back, how is it fair to charge me for that?" 

The same thing is happening over here with those so called Leads/Contacts. I just stopped by here to see what was going on as I just got done doing a bunch of follow-ups to some of those "Crickets" I've been getting charged for. Absurd ! 

By the way, how do you like the "New" InBox??? It just wouldn't let me Attach a Form that I have sent out (as an attachment) to just about Every Quote on here that I have ever given over the last 4 + years. It gave me back an Error Message saying : FILE TYPE NOT ACCEPTED _ I must have missed the Memo on that one. (LoL)   

Absolutely Ridiculous, Because like you, Thumbtack "used" to work. And Work Well for Us. For a long time and at a rate worth the cost in both dollars and time. I'd like to say "Now Not So Much"......I'd like to say that. But in fact now NOT at ALL if this is any indication. 

We're presently deciding on just what we're going to do. I just ran it by the Team for an answer and "They" said that they would get back to me and let me know.  Cheer's,  It's a Shame because Thumbtack "used" to Work and work Well. Very Sad ~ Let me know your Thoughts and Anybody else who wants to Chime In. 

I don't come here to "play games". This is My Living and the well being of my Family. We here at Interdyne are just about to celebrate our 40th Anniversary in this Industry. We did Fine BEFORE Thumbtack and We'll do Fine AFTER Thumbtack. It's Unfortunate. Because when it worked - it worked well.

But judging from what I've been reading from other Pros on here in the last little while (regardless of catagory) IF they don't Tap the Brakes and Re-Assess - In a very short while when you do a google search for a web site called Thumbtack.......It will come up in a cubby hole right next to "My Space" and along side "Ask Jeeves". 

And THAT would truly be sad. Particularly in light of the fact that it's ALL (every bit) been unnecessary and self-inflicted. Around here we have a saying : "Some for the Bulls _ Some for the Bears _ None for the Pigs ! " I've paid them More in the Last Few Months than it used to cost us for an entire year.

AND Please DON"T Get Me Wrong......This Isn't about Cost.....(well not entirely)....What IT's About is VALUE and there DOESN'T seem to be much of that around here anymore. There Used to be Plenty. And that's the sad part.

But unless you like Cricket (as you wrote about in your post) or Ghosts Or whatever it is they're calling "them" here This Week. IT's NOT WORKING ANYMORE.  Cheer's I gotta get back to work now. I've got mouths to feed.

~ God Bless this Mess ~ 

enida
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Hi my opinion that the prices for this new system are too high for you and you know when we send the offer and the customer only opens and looks at us we are losing too much money. We already warned it over Chate and we want to, and now we are telling you if you want to restore the old system Many more offers from our old and probable and customers who would be looking for our services. For now, we do not want to send offers to buyers for example with this price (for example, one house 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms cost $ 26.00 and when 5 send us the offer it is $ 130 and the customer only looks and ends). Restore the old system and prices and everything will be OK.

Howardlbca
Level 6

Fees

Saw this for the first time today and don’t know what it means.  What will my cost me????

5625D738-E2FB-408D-95BB-50F311E208DD.png

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 6

Re: Fees

I meant to ask how much will my reply cost me?

Moderator Meckell

@Howardlbca you should see the cost once you select confirm. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 6

When a customer selects me and I reply, I don't know how to determine the fee for my reply before I send it. I see a message that an amount will be deducted from my budget. I need to know how much my reply will cost before I send it!
0 Kudos

@Meckell

so you're already commited at that point; you press confirm, you get charged, THEN you see what it's cost you??

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Howardlbca we're asking you to confirm it to be taken out of a different services budget. If you select confirm, it should take you to a page that shows how much it will cost you and you'll then be able to accept or decline. 

0 Kudos