Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
Dtexasman
Level 5

Fees

Hi Everyone
I don’t mind paying for leads, but this new system does not let me know how much a potential conversion will cost me until after my card is charged. We aren’t stupid. This has to stop as many people will just not risk quoting unless the job has a high probability to get an answer. Moving in the wrong direction and Thumbtack competitors are ripe for the picking.
Occupations (1)
169 responses
RonG
Level 5

Re: Fees

I am in total agreement.
Mkdiehl
Level 6

I had to pay twice this week because the customer got in touch only to say "Thanks but I'm looking elsewhere." 

Thumbtack Pro and Employee DustiO
Thumbtack Pro and Employee

@Mkdiehl You should not be charged when you have a"No" reply. If you would like to send me the names of those customers, I will gladly look in to it for you! 

Shoot me a direct message.

Thank you!

Dusti

GrampysMagic
Level 6

@DustiO wrote:

@Mkdiehl You should not be charged when you have a"No" reply. If you would like to send me the names of those customers, I will gladly look in to it for you! 

Shoot me a direct message.

Thank you!

Dusti

So you will refund Mkdiehl (because of the "public" post??) but not other Pros?  I see how this works.  Let us kow if they do in fact refund you Mkdiehl.  Something tells me this post is going to be redacted.... 

Jkangas
Level 4

Idk.... I've never paid for a "no" response
0 Kudos
Dan1
Level 6

You will 😂
Thumbtack Pro and Employee DustiO
Thumbtack Pro and Employee

Hi @GrampysMagic you should not be charged if a customer replies with a "No thanks" or "I'm going a different route". If you have any that replied with a "No" and you were charged, let me know, and I would be happy to look in to those for you. You can send me a direct message with any questions you might have.

Happy to help with this, or any other questions.

Thanks!

Dusti

0 Kudos

We all have been charged and in some cases more than once and in my case I emailed you guys and was basically told oh well you got a reply and contacted the client so go pund sand. In other posts I've offered to help tt restructure itself because no one but you guys are happy with these new changes but eventually others are going to just stop using it as I have . I have been with you guys for a very long time and watched all of these changes go from bad to worse.
Moderator Jordan

@WeddingsbyDan hey there. At the end of the day, we're here to connect you to a lead and a lead is what we charge for. Specifically, you should only be charged the first time a customer messages you, schedules an appointment, or marks you as hired. Are you saying you've been charged twice for the same person?

0 Kudos