Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
NixImages
Level 6

Re: Bidding on bad leads

@PhotobyLuigi- In the past TT also provided a "Readiness to hire" question of the quote requestor.  If the requestor answered "Conducting Research" I would never send a quote because the chances of that person ever getting back to me would be Zero. In fact, I would never send a quote to anyone who wasn't "Readyto Hire". TT just recently restored the "Budget Specification" in the request but the "Readiness to Hire" resonse is gone Close to 50% of requests I've seen so far are below my basic rate and now I don't even know how serious these people are regarding hiring anyone.  TT has made it very easy for the prospect to reply to any quote by providing a button to click, resulting in a canned response to me and money in TT's caufers.  People are more apt to click a button rather than actually take time to construct a reply via a keyboard.  The people who actually take time to construct a response are legitimate prospects, those that just click on a button are not. These buttons are not for your benefit or even those of the requestor, the button is solely for the benefit of TT.  

0 Kudos
PhotobyLuigi
Level 6

They also recently removed the insights information where you could see the timeline, approximate dollar amount per pro that was quoted, and who was hired. That information is gone leaving less to work with,  this makes it even more difficult to determine the feasibility of a prospect, or who was for real.

For instance, a recent prospect contacted more than 7 Pros.  I myself got a message that said: "just want to make sure this is your price" , to never hear a word again...    $24 down the drain.  Someone that contacts 7+ pros is hardly someone serious.  Had I seen that in time, I would have refrained.  But I will never see if that person actually hires someone of those who she contacted ... 

I certainly understand the quotes are higher price now because they recently eliminated the 'pay per send' which was cheaper. They are creating alternatives for them to maintain the same level of profitability as they had before or perhaps increase it.  Likely because less quotes are sent that have a contact.   All that I understand and I can deal with.  I have a hard time however, with the fakes which contact you and never hear again. (after begging for a refund what kindly TT gave me, only to lose it again 24hrs later....) 

0 Kudos
NixImages
Level 6

@PhotobyLuigi 

You pay $24?   My lowest request so far would have cost me $42+ to quote.  I haven't sent out a quote since TT changed its pricing and sharply reduced the pertinent information I get regarding the request.  While TT may claim that a request regarding your ability to accept credit cards is positive and you should be charged for it, in reality it's just a money grab on TT's part; they're here for them, not for you.  Regardless of whether I get the job or not, I would consider paying for a quote if I get a LEGITIMATE request that results in a scheduled meeting or exchange of email address and/or phone number. Win or lose, at least this would allow me to contrast my services relative to others bidding on the same job. Asking if you accept credit cards is not a legitimate response.  Asking if you're available on a specific date is not a legitimate response, you wouldn't have sent the quote if you weren't available. Asking if you provide the service you're advertising is NO a legitimate response. "Thank you" is not a legitimate response.   

0 Kudos
GrampysMagic
Level 6

I do both magic and balloon twisting.  A magic quote costs me anywhere from $13 to $43 per quote.  They sented me a few leads where I did not have to qoute (the customer picked me somehow), but it would have been $20 to respond to them.  I noticed that they also had contacted 4 other Pros, so for that 1 customer TT had the potential to make $100 in fees.  I did not reply so I guess they made $80.  It is killing my business but refuse to bid on anymore magician jobs from them because of their greed.  As far as the balloon twisting, they want between $12 to $18.  I have quote on some of these, but not like I use to.

TT...Get your frick'n act together and change your ways.  Oh yeah...your mobile app no longer works on the iPod touch.  Not for a good while now actually....

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Fees!

I’m a travel agent and have been trying to find the motivation to stay with TT when just in this week every quote is running me $22! I get someone who wants a cheap airline ticket , etc etc and I make no money on that - I’m spending so much for no where leads -

I have no idea at all how TT has gathered that this pricing is fair and a better system

Here is something That would help , in my opinion

Instant match - why can’t those customers see our “ quote template “ - that way I can say something about what I will or won’t do —-

Why should I have to pay when I have someone who has no intention of actually working with anyone ?!!!

I feel like TT is out for $$$ and if they reduced fees they would actually have a much better pro community . And - after all - aren’t they always wanting more pros ?!
0 Kudos
TravisG
Level 4

Paid 300.00 for leads for nothing. Suggestions

I have paid 300.00 in fees for leads the last two days for nothing. Leads cancel or just stop communication. The app keeps claiming issues and crashing. Am I the only person experiencing this.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Paid 300.00 for leads for nothing. Suggestions

@TravisG Let's see what's going on with your app. Go through these troubleshooting steps here, they usually fix whatever's going on. If you're still seeing issues after doing that, please let me know! 

I want you to be successful on Thumbtack, I know it's frustrating when customers stop communicating. Let's work together, dig through your account, and see if there's anything I can help with. If this is something you'd be interested in, just send me a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
TravisG
Level 4

I have been doing everything you suggested. Not only has the app been going down most of the communications have either canceled or just stopped responding. It’s as though the conversations were only initiated to allow Thumbtack to charge my account instead of actual customers looking for work to be performed. This has been a waste of 300.00 as well as a waste of time and effort.
0 Kudos
JSGDS
Level 6

We had some issues a few months back on not seeing requests but since i called every thing is working great.  Sometimes the mobile app will run slow so we started having new requests and reply notifications sent as a text as well.  

408Fausto
Level 2

waste of a cheap customer

One of the biggest issues i have...i come accross several customers who are just looking for a cheap quote, thumbtack bills that card as soonas the customer says “hi”.

Regardless of the outcome, what sucks for me im out $50-100 easy and no job will
come, while the customers keeps looking for the lowest (almost free) and he’ll find it , because some new businesses dont know any better.

Thumbtack oughta make profiles on customers by asking them their expected budget, and with that info, select the contractor to whom that lead is good for. Rather than random contractors burning $, which thumbtack is ok with ofcourse.