Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
beep777
Level 5

Frivolous Responses

I am pretty close to leaving Thumbtack. i wished i would have done more research before joining. A client recommended it to me.

My reason for leaving is that i do not believe that potential clients know that you are being charged when they respond to your quote by email. I just spoke with a client that went elsewhere that didn't know I was charged by his email to me.

I believe that if the clients were well aware of this that there would be a lot less frivolous email responses. In my short time I have had:

1. Where are you located (address is in profile).

2. Just so you are aware, i will also need accounting done (he posted the ad under accounting so i was well aware).

3. I don't own the property in an S Corp (even though the job posting said you did).

Thumbtack came up with some bogus reason not to refund the charge for all.

Brian

Occupations (1)
States
13 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Frivolous Responses

@beep777 I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had the greatest experience so far. I want to see what I can do to help! Will you send me a private message with the customers names who sent you these responses? I'm more than happy to take a second look into things. 

0 Kudos

I have gotten 3 "Are you availabe for my event" which is an automated click response. If Thumbtack would let me put in my availbility this would filter out all of the ones I am not available for, and I got money on them still asking. I lost 50 bucks so far to this response... I have been on here for 4 years and got my first event from this service a couple weeks ago...

If I send out these instant quotes, awesome, but if you are going to encourage the people to contact you with easy click responses just to charge us, that is not ethical or ok. 

Lastly is there a detailed pricing breakdown of how much we are charged for a quote? I feel like Thumbtack just picks a random number and thats what they charge us.

reidercody
Level 5

I also mentioned that charging PROS for each little click, supposedly from the customer, is absolutely unethical. They don't want to answer how they charge you?  I don't understand what has happened to the business model which saw quoting at a fair price. This new model seems to only benefit Thumbtack- and certainly not the PRO. Maybe, one of you PROS out there has some more insight. TT seems to have taken a drastic turn away from the affordable pricing in previous platforms. They now seem more interested in making the quick buck at the expense of us.

I honestly don't mind paying more for the contact if it is genuine, but when they won't let you block out schedules and seem to entice people to message you for no good reason, it just doesn't seem fair
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@PhotoBoothGuy there is an option for pros to block out their schedules and that's something we highly encourage. We don't want you to get charged for days that you aren't available. All you need to do is log into your account and go to your calendar. Once you're there, block off any time that you are either busy or have another job. Make sure it's marked blue. Once you do that, we won't send you requests for the days that you aren't available. Learn more here

0 Kudos

Ahhh I knew you could as I had done it in the past on my computer, but I was doing it on my phone and I couldn't figure it out . But this does bring up a great point. Why is there a click response asking "Are you available for my date" when these calendars are in effect telling them I am. Resulting in me getting charged 20 bucks?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@PhotoBoothGuy sometimes customers aren't quite sure how to start the conversation which was resulting in a lot of customers leaving without even speaking to a pro. That's why we created conversation starters. There are those situations where things come up and pros can book jobs quickly. So some customers do feel the need to verify that they're available on the specified date. You bring up valid points and I'll be sure to pass it along! 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 6

I was told a couple of weeks ago by a support person named Emily that 'TT doesn’t have an itemized list of what factors going into the pricing. Somebody in upper management or at the CEO level know how they itemize their prices! TT is not nor ever has been transparent with their service  pros!

PattyB6
Level 6

@PhotoBoothGuy, as soon as I see that a quote was sent I send a follow up message with a full, detailed quote that includes all my information. In my opening I clearly state that I AM available on the date that the customer specified and yet the majority of the contacts I get are "Are you available on my date?" As soon as I respond and reconfirm that I am indeed available and refer them to the detailed quote, they immediately disappear, never to be heard from again. I assure you that even if you are able to tell the customer your availability in your quote, you will still receive these responses and Thumbtack will absolutely consider them valid contacts and refuse you a refund.