Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
saalfeld
Level 6

Re: Good news about pricing!

MECKELL,''CUSTOMERS HAVE THE OPTION TO LEAVE THEIR PHONE NUMBER BUT ITS NOT SOMETHING WE REQUIRE"

YES THUMBTACK DOES NOT REQUIRE IT, BUT THE CONTRACTOR DOES AFTER ALL HE IS PAYING FOR THE LEAD WITHOUT THE PHONE NUMBER IS NOT WORTH  THE TIME OR EFFORT.

"THEY WOULD RATHER PROVIDE THEIR PHONE NUMBER WHEN THEY FEEL READY AND NOT RECIEVE PHONE CALLS WHEN THEY ARENT AVAILABLE"

SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING  IS IF THEY ARE NOT READY THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE THEIR PHONE NUMBER

THAT IS A TIRE KICKER LOOKING FOR FREE INFORMATION FROM THE PROFESSIONAL,

THUMBTACK GETS PAID CASE CLOSED

CONTRACTOR HAS TO PAY TO  GIVE FREE INFORMATION WITHOUT A PHONE NUMBER

COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SET UP INSTANT MATCH UNLESS A PHONE NUMBER IS PROVIDED  ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY

WOULD A DENTIST,ATTORNEY,DOCTOR  TAKE YOU AS A CLIENT WITHOUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER

I DONT THINK SO

I REST MY CASE

saalfeld
Level 6

Without a phone number or other genuine contact information this cannot be classed as a lead
It’s more like an impression on a PPC campaign
If you’re willing to pay serious money without contact information you have a major learning curve to learn or bankruptcy
Thomasbeeler
Level 5

Spot on!!!!
0 Kudos
Joan
Level 6

Meckell - totally ignoring the rest of the conversation, only looking at your post -

"They would rather provide their phone number when they feel ready" - this sounds like you are saying that these people are just looking, tire-kicking, and not serious. You say when they are serious, they are OK with providing a phone number. Why does TT charge us for these lookyloos at the same rate as someone who is ready?
traynorpiano
Level 6

No phone number, no quote.  

Highlighted
traynorpiano
Level 6

I'm curious...what are the chances of me getting hired if I refuse to give a phone number?  Has Thumbtack thought about this?  If the client won't give a phone number, they can't request a quote from a professional.  It's simple.  I have never in my life contacted anyone for service, any kind of service, and not had to give my name and phone number.  What kind of pro would accept that?  Not one I would want to do my work for me!  

jcp
Level 9

Reading the community board truly validates a lot of my concerns with TT. Please - could you ask your pros that find the new system successful to write some post so we know their thoughts? Provide names for us? The pros that find no budgets posted, or the triple prices or the increased number of quotes allowed - that they have experienced great success the last three months. I need to start hearing from pros - rather than a TT moderator - that things are working for them. That would be helpful to a lot of us. Thanks.
missyj09
Level 6

Things sure as heck aren't working better for me.  I've been using thumbtack since 2014 and when I first started it was great.  I got jobs left and right.  The pricing was fair.  I wasn't concerned that I paid on average $2.50 for a lead that didn't respond.  IF I put in 20 quotes at that price and 10 of them didn't respond, I was only out 25-30 bucks, Now to bid a commercial cleaning job, that used to cost $8.00 -$15.00 is now in the neighborhood of $75 and the fact that 15 other people can bid on that job is just ridiculous.  I haven't bid on a job since they went to the "Free" system and the "Instant Match"  I have actually got off my butt and hit the bricks, doing things the ole school way, going out and meeting potential clients and cold calling.  I joined a local chamber and got a 1 year posting and half page ad in their directory for $400.  At one point I refused to let the internet run my business, but I caved and started using Thumbtack, and back then it worked.  Now  IT DOES NOT WORK!!!..  

missannienow
Level 9

I am with you sister. Well said.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on why this is being allowed to go on??? I dont get it. I have, admittedly, not done my homework on TT. Where is its central location? Who RUNS Thumbtack? Who is making all the profits? Those prfits may have gone down this past year but maybe not.

Is there ANY pro out there who LIKES TT now? Do not be afraid to speak up. We cant slap you long distance! LOL! I honestly want to know. Are an pros happy with TT now? I keep thinking "maybe its me. Maybe I just dont understand this site." But evidence keeps telling me my instincts are right on.

I think if we knew more about who runs Thumbtack, and where they are located...this might help us understand better. I strongly suspect the Mods on here are low level guys, and do not have a say in policy. I think it is a waste of time hassling them. Several of them have been fair and tried to fix smaller errors. I just do not think they have the level of power we wish they did. Its people above them making the new policies and ultimately, hurting our businesses. Having BEEN a Mod on an international support group - a HUGE one - (and a NON profit one, I should add-) I can tell you that Mods on most sites do not have adminstrative power. es, they have to follow the rules given to them from above. But nor can they make major changes in the site's functions. Mods can make suggestions...that is about all.

There are some seriously smart people here. I bet a couple of you have done this homework and discovered who really owns and runs Thumbtack. Private message me if you need to and I think you should need to! I am curious, and I care VERY much about what has happened here in the last year. It has gotten so awful here and I find that very disheatening.

Annie in Florida

HansenJC
Level 10

@missannienowI wish I could answer any of your questions. What I do know is that we seem to be the victims. We hang in there hoping things will return to something close to what we remember from the past. We voice our doubts but we remain in spite of our doubts. Your post resonated with me but for some unknown reason, I am prevented from issuing Kudos on this forum. So... Kudos to you for writing your post in such an articulate way.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections