Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Rv
Level 5

Re: Good news about pricing!

I am a mover and I would like to know why so many things have been removed to help us see what is going on with the customer. A couple weeks ago we had access to who the customer reached out to, the rating of the other pros and if they hired another pro. All of those features have been removed. Everyone going through the same issues does not sound like a coincidence. I truly believe that this system is set up for them to make money. It is truly ridiculous that so many pros in different fields are dealing with the same issues. I have definitely had customers say they will call and don't, ask me questions that I answer immediately and dont respond. I am a top pro and have used thumbtack for two years. We would really like to see change.Especially since I previously referred other companies.

What percent of the profit would you like? That should stay the same right?

This is sort of a side bar discussion but isn't every job for you the same amount of effort? Is it any different (besides the online form entries) whether someone wants portraits taken or build a skyscraper?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BradBaldwin
Level 6

About time, but these actual prices still do not make me want to send as many quotes as I used to.  

FrMike
Level 4

Are you being serious.  After all of our responses in the negative about the pricing procedure, this is your solution.  I am not going to pay more than it is reasonable to pay for a lead or a response to my quote.  I think you and your team needs to actually "listen" to what we have been saying.  The majority would like it to be returned "back to the Future" where the quote will cost me a very reasonable $5 or $6.  I am sorry-  this will not work for me and I am sure for a lot of us Pros.  Go back to the "situation room" and use your hearts more and not your pockets!  I will still wait and see and if no change in sight- you lose me.  

ChefZacki
Level 6

Re: NO Good news about pricing!

The prices are still very high for me as a personal chef/culinary instructor and small caterer...and there was so much confusion this spring, that it was costing more to pay for leads that were not result worthy (such as "I talked to my husband and we are going in a different direction.") What if 14 pros got the same message and the 15th won the prize. We, your top pros need consideration. Put yourselves in our shoes. This fall will be 9 years that I have been with you. The early bid prices were much more for us as was the bids were reasonable as $5, $6. This is becoming watered down and losing its uniqueness. Writing of uniqueness, instant match was a terrible "try out" for me. I don't want to be another generic, robotic first responder. Our specialty is that we are ALL different and need to have the opportunity to exhibit this. I am almost 33 years in the business and I would like to be able to afford to stay in it. This was the worse year I have ever had...And, if I still have your attention, this Monday's "no more asking the client if they have a budget range" is treading dangerous water. WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN and WHAT'S YOUR BUDGET are essential questions to be answered before a pro decides to respond or not. This will now cause the pro to ask that separately and that means a response and pay from us. When I see someone's budget at $10, I skip it right away. When I see that they wish an upscale dinner at $81-$100, it is a whole different thing. We need to know that answers up front as much as possible to help us. Please start considering us who have been with you. We need to make money for our talents and experiences, not just you.

Chef Zacki Murphy

Zackis Culinary CreationsMS and me at her TV shoot for my b-day.jpegMartha Stewart and me; TV show for my birthdayFruit and Veggie Platter.jpgSmall Bite Platter PresentationPlatter.jpgSalad Nicoise Lunch PresentationDessert 1.jpgPots du Chocolate for small dinner_bbq.jpg"Zacki's NC BBQ is Superior," Martha StewartBeautiful presentations for all occasions; cornish hens.jpgMoroccan Style Cornish HensFamily Circle Summer Picnic.jpgFamily Circle Southern SupperDining Table.jpgSpring Table for a 99th BirthdayGino's memorial feast in Balsalt.JPGMemorial Feast in BalsaltPig cart in front of plaza.jpg"NC Pig Cart" on 5th Avenuedurham magazine picture.jpg"Cook In Your Nook" ClassCooking with the Bishop and a mezze platter.jpg"Cooking with the Bishop, Michael Curry"

TackMaster ChefPaulStaley
TackMaster

Re: NO Good news about pricing!

The new pricing has actually saved me money, but I agree with everything else you said. We need to know their budget so we can accurately bid! And Insta-match is a horrible system that takes the uniqueness of each pro and tosses it in the garbage.... I miss the Thumbtack of old that put pros first because they understood that WE were their clients and treated us as such.
icovknarf
Level 4

I emphatically agree with the other negative respones to this change.

First, while the new pricing transparency is helpful, such transparency should be normal and baked into every feature of the service from the outset.

Second, I've been burned a few times now by leads that answer positively (i.e. they don't say "no thanks") and then they ghost me (even after I've sent them a couple of messages).  This still costs me upwards of $20-$30 dollars per quote.  This is unacceptable.  You need to come up with a way to fix this. Is there a way to better monitor the customer's responses within say the first 3 days after the initial response?

Until this is fixed, I am likely to discontinue using Thumbtack all together.

Moderator Meckell

Hi all, thanks for sharing your thoughts. As Jason mentioned, there's still more work for us to do with pricing. We want to make sure that the cost itself is right for every category in every area. Since pricing is very specific it will take time, but it's being worked on. Keep the feedback coming and have an awesome week! 

Kimv2003
Level 6

Then you need to make it different for every profession! It can’t be the same across the board for everybody it’s just not feasible
Maybe put more money into getting things figured out and back into the business rather than advertising on television commercials??? When things aren’t systemized and efficient and your customers are not happy I wouldn’t suggest amping up advertising and creating more problems
missyj09
Level 6

why don't they just go back to the old system of using credits?  That's what everyone seems to want.  Not everyone is comfortable putting a credit card or bank account into a system to charge at free will.  The fact that Thumbtack is bragging about showing how much they are actually charging is ridiculous.  That should have been done in the first place.  Would you take something up to a cash register without a price on it and just pay whatever price they stuck in there?  I seriously doubt it.  As many have mentioned,  4 years ago, thumbtack was an affordable lead service. In my profession alone, a commercial lead can cost up to $75 x 13 pros that bid it = $950, now lets say you get 1000 leads a day for commercial cleaning requests, that comes to $950,000 in one day.  That number just reeks of greed.  Thumbtack needs to do better or I will disappear completely.  Like a couple of others have said, we are hanging around to see if this problem gets rectified, It's really a simple equation.  supply a good or better service at affordable prices and the money will continue to flow.