results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Moderator Meckell

Re: Where’s the love?

@jamminjack We do appreciate feedback and we welcome criticism, but it does need to stay constructive. We have  Community Guidelines set in place and if a post goes against them, it will be removed. I want you pros to give us feedback and tell us how you're feeling. I also want to encourage you all to use The Community to share ideas about your work and interact with each other. I'm sorry that you aren't happy with how Thumbtack has been working, but I do want you to find success on our platform. What can I do to help? Send me a private message and we can work together to make Thumbtack work for you. 

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

Meckell, I havent read anything hear that is non-constructive! People here - we Pros - are attempting to voice our concerns and the vast majoirty of posts are not worded in any offesive way. What else can we do??? Phone calls dont help, private messages to Mods dont help, so all we can do is voive our issues and concerns and PRAY someone with the real power to change things at TT reads our pleas.

LuisRibeiro
Level 2

Very well said Kim.
Several potential customers turn into a complete waste of money for me. They offer a job in Thumbtack; several pros issue their quotes (me included); than the "potential" customer gets in touch will all the pros.... (meaning, Thumbtack's cash account is getting as many credit entries as the customer's replies). Later on that customer simply cancels the request. That means that all the pros paid for nothing.... Only Thumbtack made money.
That appears that we are working for Thumbtack and not for ourselves.

TPT
Level 4

Kim, you are a woman after my own heart, or you MUST be MY TWIN!!!   This is exactly what I have been saying since these changes have been made!!!!!  WOW!  A kindred spirit!  Thanks for echoing our voice!!!!!

V

0 Kudos
Big_Angel
Level 4

It appears Thumbtacks is NOT a very good lead generator. There is no provision for eliminating "tire kickers". Why pay for leads that are not productive. It appears you are better off putting an ad in Craigs List or other online venues.

Sorry Thumbtacks, I will not use your service until they "fix" this problem. Having the prospective client pay a small fee will eliminate or greatly reduce the glut of people that are not serious about hiring someone. Being in the accounting field, I would advise my clients to avoid Thumbtacks because the ROI (return of investment) stinks!

This forum has prevented me from throwing money out the window. I thank Thumbtacks for a very informative forum.

A H Lassich

0 Kudos
missyj09
Level 6

Re: Good news about pricing!

what other services do you use.  Your points are spot on.   

RP
Level 5

I'm glad to see the pricing being shown. However I totally agree TT pricing is on steroids. I used to pay from $7 to $9-$11 for a quote. Now I've seen the pricing range from $24 to as much as $54 with no logical reasoning how they reached at their fee. Regardless it is still way too high and therefore I'm not submitting any quotes at this time.
Moderator Meckell

@RP You pay a different price for each customer contact because each job is different. Our goal is to make the price of contacts match the value of the job. So we try to factor in things like what service you provide, the size of each job, and if the customer appears serious or not. That’s how we determine the price of each contact.

Larger jobs generally cost more, smaller jobs generally cost less, but we also look at how engaged and serious the customer is. Millions of customers come to Thumbtack each year, so we try to identify the patterns of people who are just window shopping vs. people who are ready to hire.

We're currently reevaluating the cost of contacts so I appreciate your feedback, I promise you're being heard.  

0 Kudos
RP
Level 5

Regardless, your prices are on steroids and until they come down to what they used to be, you can count on me as a disatisfied professional.

Highlighted
BradBaldwin
Level 6

@RP wrote:

Regardless, your prices are on steroids and until they come down to what they used to be, you can count on me as a disatisfied professional.

Yeah, TT needs to get off the Price roids.  Quotes for the same size job are three times higher than they were just two years ago.  There needs to be a better explanation than "they match the value of the job".  There needs to be a transparent pricing structure.  I have been saying that since May, and hope the price increase is explained or reduced.