Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Johnjr
Level 6

Re: When you pay

This is so ridiculous having to pay the very second that somebody answers you, in what business does anyone else have to receive their payment immediately I don't understand this? I have no problem paying for quotes or leads for that matter but being billed every single time somebody replies is ridiculous because I will absolutely not leave an open credit card for Thumbtack to charge as they please when they please does anyone at Thumbtack do this with any of their bills? No because it's absolutely ridiculous to leave somebody your open credit card to do with as they please am I crazy or does anybody else agree with this? So I am a top Pro and you guys I guess don't trust me enough to pay every Sunday like a normal billing cycle I have never not paid yet so I don't understand why I can't pay every Sunday like I normally did I'm not going to put money on my card every day to keep forwarding so that means I lose money and thumbtack loses money. And while I'm at it the algorithm that figures how much we are charge for a quote is out of whack I just got charged $15.47 for I think it was going to turn out to be very small job I made a suggestion to Thumbtack Support rap the other day I'm sure didn't get past the long here's what it is and anybody tell me what you think a 3-step or three rate system small medium and large for quotes say 812 17 something like that and then we know what we're going to get charge for job and thumbtack knows what they're going to get paid for a job it's very simple three different about small medium and large I don't know how it got so difficult so anyways I've got that off my chest and please excuse the grammar using talk to text while driving

Not showing the price upfront

Before all the changes, we knew what we would be charged, because it was clearly marked on the page. Now we have the search for it and its typically three times the amout we paid before. Greed and poor customer service has damaged Thumbtacks reputation with the people that helped them become who they are.
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Re: Good news about pricing!

I really like the way you are showing quote pricing before we send a quote, thank you for making progress on this very important issue. Now let's figure out how to properly charge for quotes. 

0 Kudos

So I do see the price... and it's toooo much when the potential client is only a looky-loo.  There needs to be a low price for initial response, and then a regular price with the clients works with the Thumbtack-pro.

The info the potential client provided doesn't give me enough information to know if I feel they would be a good fit. It's too vague. 

If the potential client would provide a more specific description of their issue, I could make a more educated decision whether they would be a good fit for my services. 

George

George Guarino
Moderator Meckell

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your thoughts in this post! I understand your frustration with the costs and as Jason mentioned, there is still work that needs to be done to make sure that we're charging the right prices. We're listening and I promise you're being heard. Keep the feedback coming and have an awesome week! 

0 Kudos
saalfeld
Level 6

We only accept leads with phone numbers.

We will not allow instant match  because of this as there are to many fake leads.

its a waste of time and money without a valid phone number

Kimv2003
Level 6

I’m having a huge problem with Thumbtack putting quotes out to clients and in response of requests without my permission I don’t have any auto pricing on our smart pricing or whatever it is how can this be stopped?
Moderator Meckell

@Kimv2003 I'll take a look into this and see what's going on. I just need a little more info from you first. Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of the customers who received a quote that you did not send. 

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 7

Mounting TVs was one of my most profitable skills in the past but now that the cost to reply to a potential customer is $23 I do not send any replies.    Most people are not willing to pay $150 for that service, which is the amount you believe is the average cost where I live. I don’t know how you arrived at that number but it’s wrong. I usually charge $100 or less,  making a 23% charge, or more, for a lead unreasonable and exorbitant.

Highlighted
saalfeld
Level 6

The only "Good news about pricing" is that thumbtack have increased the cost of leads by about 300% and also have up to 6 professionals bid the work.

So the only  company benefitting finanically  are Thumbtack

Like another lead generation company they might also have to change there name.

Without giving you a phone number to contact.

Fools and there money are easily parted.