Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jcp
Level 9

Re: Good news about pricing!

I’ve been a Top Pro for a couple years. Everything you’ve changed from triple price, creating Instant Match, increasing the amount of those that can quote a request, not putting the cost on the main page, not asking for budget - - my business dropped off as did my interest using TT. Reading all these responses on the community boards validated that. Check my history the last few weeks and compare to previous years. I do not use Instant Match - I don’t think I even quoted anyone last week or this week. If I can’t see their budget range - - its a waste of time. I’m a busy person and don’t I’ve time to respond to the 20-30 request is see every day. Waiting for TT to make some serious changes. Any sensibile business owner knows these changes are ridiculous! Why would you not ask budget ranges to properly provide your customers with the appropriate Pro doesn’t make sense. Your wasting both our times. If I was a customer and my budget was $50” for a photographer- I don’t want to see half my responses from pros that will eventually try to get more out of me. I want response from pros that will meet my budget as a shopper. That is basic business sense. I’ve been in business 19 years so I have an idea what I’m talking about.

JasonB - Now that I see the pricing I know NOT to reply to TT leads.  Exorbitant .  Charge a low price for leads and a higher price if and when the client works with the Pro successfully.  That's the only way this will be successful.  As it is you're pushing Pros away.  

George Guarino

This is not going in the right direction....This is not good news! We have been begging and pleading to have the old system brought back, you guys keep telling us how this new system is going to save us money and expand our businesses. You keep saying you are "working on it", I have never seen a company take this long to FIX their issues. When most companies have a bad rollout of a new feature or pricing format, they immediatly revert back and work with the community on making the right changes. TT just doesn't care about us anymore.

We had to stop offering our services to Residential clients due to the extreme cost of our quotes and just getting bland responses with no follow through from the client. We only use TT for commerical request now, since we can generally make our money back or have a chance to make a bid amungst a smaller number of pros. Instead of spending money on the residential customers, we now are using the old ($3 to $8 per bid) to use other providers services since they are on par with what TT used to charge us back in the day.

We are only keeping commerical quotes on TT in a "hope" that TT will get thing changes rapidly.

Hankster
Level 10

I use Instant Match. I recently got charged $42.17 for a DJ job for 26-50 people for 4 hours. Customer said she my offer sounded good. She just needed to meet with another DJ service & get back to me ASAP bu yesterday (Monday) . Follow up email sent yesterday
Still waiting to hear back from this supposed customer. How in the heck did you folks at Thumbtack come up with that asinine price? I would like to see a line by line itemization of how that price was determined!
saalfeld
Level 6

Simple

Do not use Instant match as you don't know exactly what you're getting

Youre accepting leads blindfolded why would you allow this.

Our policy is No instant match will be allowed until every lead has a phone number that we contact.

Currently we will only accept leads with a phone number and it certainly reduces your spending

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @saalfeld Instant Match isn't for everyone and I appreciate your feedback. One thing that I wanted to point out is that yes, although quotes are going out automatically, they're only sent if the request matches your preferences. What's missing from your preferences for your service? What would make Instant Match more appealing to you? I truly want to hear you out. 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

I want a budget range - that’s why I am not using Instant Match and that’s why I stopped quoting any jobs. I will not respond to 8 videographer requests for an event that is to be 5 hours with no intended budget anymore. When you offer this up - people look for lowest price first. My recent TT Client told me she always skips the first three responses because she assumed they we “matched”. And she opened mine because of price. She ultimately chose me because she like my website and samples. Do you think customers have tome to go through all 15 responses? From prices that will be quoted from $ who knows what???? TT is NOT helping customer by providing them response with quotes out of their range. Why not at least give them 15 quotes that come from people that are willing to pay in their budget range.
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Another update here:

In addition to showing prices upfront on all jobs in the Request tab, we're now showing prices upfront whenever a customer contacts you first.  Before you decide to reply to a new customer, you can now see how much you'll be charged for taking the lead (see below).

Again, there's still work being done to make sure we're charging you the right price - the fair price.  Stay tuned for more updates on this front very soon!

Highlighted
saalfeld
Level 6

Meckell,

Firstly we invited you as a moderator to answer some of the questions on Contractor talk forum about thumback as when we posted our concerns here they were removed ,you cannot remove them on a public forum because of freedom of speech.

Now to answer your question,

A phone number must be provided in order for us to particapate  in Instant match, it gives some sort of creditibilty to the lead and also to justify the crazy high prices you are charging several contractors for the same lead

As a very experienced businessperson there is NO WAY currently we would even think about setting up instant match unless you like flushing your hard earned cash down the toilet.

missannienow
Level 9

I sent a Quote this am and did not see what you show above. Maybe I missed it....??? I so seldom send quotes here now.

0 Kudos