Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Good news about pricing!

@missannienow that's odd, let's see what's going on. Was it a quote where the customer contacted you first and requested a quote from you? Or was it a requested that you quoted on? 

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

Maybe I am truly not understand things here now. How could a customer contact me without my sending them a Quote???? What am I not getting here?

I get notices of Requests. I look them over and decide if it worth gambling on the expense. If it might be, I tell TT to send my quote. In the old days I always included a personal message tailored to fit the request. Cannot do that now and really dislike this. I blindly send out a Quote which in all truth may be higher or lower than the figure shown. I do not KNOW of any way a customer could contact me without sendning a quote. What am I not getting here?????

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

I just replied to you my post isnt showing up. I went back and looked at another Request listed on TT in my area. NO, I did NOT see a price shown on what it would cost to send a Quote!!!!!!!!!

Maybe TT is having a slow computer day. I will repeat what I said in my missing post. HOW could I get a message from a potential customer if I havent sent a quote??? What am I not getting here? In the case I mentioned, I had sent a Quote. I didnt see a price for that quote either. I blindly sent it. And probably wasted a lot of money.

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

Thank you. Yes, now I do see a price for a job. Costs to much to bether with. Cat sitting half an hour away from me, "short visit" (30 minutes). Not worth bothering to respond because it would not make any money for me. But thank you both for showing me how to SEE the cost.

However, I will say this. The actual cost for the PRO should be a heckuva lot easier to find and see. Maybe you think I am being picky. I am not. I dont have a lot of time to fiddle around on my computer and figure TT out now. This site used to be fairly easy to use. Annoying at times but not difficult to manage once you got the system. Now it feels like navigating some sort of weird Sci-Fi pinball game! LOL!

JessicaBtz
Level 4

How do you see this on a computer? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@JessicaBtz You just need to select request details, and from there, click on "learn more." Once you do that, you'll see how much it will cost you. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Why does it say 'Learn More'. Why wouldn't it say.  'Cost to Reply' .

Again I want to say that the model you should be using is to have the TT Pros pay a small fee to reply, and then be charged a larger amount when the job offer is accepted by the client.  That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Pay TT $3 to send a reply to the customer and $9 when the client accepts to work with the TT Pro.   That makes sense to me. 

George Guarino
jmn5401
Level 5

Still on the fence about the system as a whole.  I fear that because the clients that are shopping right now are just kicking the tires and and have no idea a TT Pro is being charged if they make contact, Pro's will not stay around long without some success.  And 15 quotes to each request, its way to many and just becomes confusing.  It might not be the case, but it does come across as TT just trying to get the quote out there a bunch to collect more fees.   I think TT needs to come up with a system of making the person requesting the quote more liable to cover some cost so they are sincere in their requests.   I am looking at a quote posted right now stating doing initial research.  Why would I want to respond to that and get charged and then not even sure if they will hire someone.   I guess the fear is if TT creates a way where the customer has to more sincere, committed and responsible, less customers will want to participate and thus less income.  I hope something better can be reached so Pro's are more happy with using TT and they can get better results.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
saalfeld
Level 6

And also make it manditory for the custome to give out there phone number as it will stop tire kickers getting ball park estimates without ever meeting or speaking with professional.

This is totally one sided in favour of the customer who currently is getting free information(When you go to a see a doctor is it free)

and also totally in favor of thumbtack who are reaping finanically.

As i have said numerous times on this forum DO NOT SET UP INSTANT MATCH UNTIL THUMBTACK GIVES OUT  A PHONE NUMBER ON EVERY CLIENT.

If every contractor followed this simple rule they would have to make changes FAST

Moderator Meckell

@saalfeld customers have the option to leave their phone number, but it's not something that we require. We did require a phone number in the past and we saw a huge increase in customers not finishing their request. They would rather provide their phone number when they feel ready and not receive phone calls when they aren't available.
We may revisit this in the future, but as of right now customers have the option to leave their phone number or not. 

0 Kudos