Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
missannienow
Level 9

Re: Good news about pricing!

I hope someone out there has someknowledge about it.

In my case, I already am on three other websites for cleaning and other jobs. NONE of them come through like TT used to. I cannot find any other decent sites for my type of work. Frustrating!

Hankster
Level 10

I'm a DJ service pro & I really liked the  budget question. This helped me tremendously to determine which jobs I would submit a quote on. I had posed that question to Marco Zappacosta as to why TT got rid of that question & why it's not mandatory that customers don't provide their phone number when they submit their request. He forwarded my concerns to Aanchal who is the DJ Service category manager. His repsonse:

*Regarding the budget question: We've heard that many pros find budget information very useful for sending quotes. However, the reason we decided to replace the budget question with the "desired type of service" question is because our data showed us that our budget answer options were often unrealistic. Because of current limitations in our product, we can't adapt the budget answer options based on the customer's gig specifications - for example, someone could request a DJ for a 6-hour event with a budget of only a few hundred dollars, which set unrealistic expectations and reduced a customer's likelihood of hiring a pro.

However, we have heard similar feedback from other DJs that they are unsure of whether a customer who wants a basic / standard / premium / high-end DJ has the right budget for their services. Our pros' success is hugely important to us, and we definitely don't want to hurt your likelihood of getting hired. Therefore, we're actually conducting some analysis on the average price at which customers hire a DJ based on the type of service they selected. We'll be releasing that information in the next few weeks - hopefully this will give more guidance on how to quote on the right customers for you!  

Regarding customers providing a phone number: I understand why having a customer's phone number is highly valuable - it offers another way for pros to initiate a conversation about the customer's gig, and is another indicator of a customer's intent to hire a DJ. However, we've found that requiring a customer's phone number makes them far less likely to go through with requesting a pro - many customers aren't comfortable providing their phone number right off the bat, and that translates into significantly fewer opportunities for pros to get hired. We're always looking for ways to make communication between pros and customers easier, so you'll see some new product updates this year that will hopefully make connecting with Thumbtack customers a lot easier. (** My comments from today - My guess is the new product update he mentioned was Instant Match which is now failing miserably because they are now sending the requester up to 15 quotes to look at. Of course these customers for the most part are looking for the lowest price which brings us back to not having the budget question available. Also I would like to see in View Insights instead of a bar graph as to which each service pro's price they quoted how about showing us what they are actually charging. The bar graph doesn't tell me anything.**)

Wifes44
Level 1

You guys need to go back to how it was. Using credits to quote. Ive been using you guys for years and now quoting and the prices keep changing . Your going to loose alot of professionals. I used to recommend this to alot of people because it was so simple and affordable. I wont be using thumbtack anymore unless it goes back to the way it was.
missannienow
Level 9

Yes, we can now see what it will cost before we send out a quote. That is NOT the point. The point is that the fees now charge are ridiculously high now. When I first joinedd TT, I was a bit outraged that I had to pay around $5 to $7 to send a quote. Back then I made $15 an hour for house cleaning. I stayed with TT only because this site had more jobs for me. But now - I just cannot afford to send out as many quotes as I would like to.

And this new system is truly confusing. The entire Instant Match thing seems like a total rip off to me. Transparency is NOT happening here. I STILL dont understand why I would get more requests for cleaning if I turned on IM. And NO ONE at TT has been able to adequately explain this to me. Makes me wonder if annyone there knows whats going on.

Howardlbca
Level 7

I pass on dozens of TV mounting jobs each month because the $23 cost for a reply when my competitors charge around $85 or $90 for that service is way too much.  The average quoted charge to mount a TV may be a lot higher, but the average charge is not an accurate reflection of how much customers actually pay.  Unless you lower the cost for a reply I won’t be submitting any quotes for this service!

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

I forgot to mention something.. TT is also not giving me many possible leads....not for about a year now, or ever since they started making these changes. One person at TT told me this is because I turned Instant Match off. Another person told me that is not true. Who do I believe??? Plus even if they DID give me more leads, I cannot afford to pay the high fee to send a quote!

Moderator Kameron

@Howardlbca I'm interested to hear more about the amounts that you usually see being charged by the end of the job. I'd also like to hear more about what prices you think would be fair in comparison. Any details like this are very helpful for us and our product teams as we continuously work to keep prices aligned. 

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 7

The few times I have responded to requests for TV mounting, which is a fixed price quote, it appeared that the people being hired were charging in the neighborhood of $85. You have access to all that data I am sure so please review it. A more reasonable cost for a reply would be $10 as it is for most handyman requests.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Howardlbca, our teams definitely do have access to the amounts that pros quote with and review them in depth. I just wanted to be sure since we know that what pros quote doesn't always turn out to be the final price. Thanks for sharing this with me so I can explain the amount you feel is fair to our teams that work on pricing. 

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 7

If the price quoted by pros is a fixed price I would think that is the final price. That is always the case when I quote a fixed price so I would be surprised of other pros operate differently.   I am sure customers would be very disappointed if they are asked to pay more than the original quote when the pro shows up to mount their TV. 

0 Kudos