Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Good news about pricing!

@Meckell@NomadYagand all others. Words are important to communicate with each other productively. Just as unproductive leads cost us Pros money, unproductive vocabulary costs all of us in waisted time and effort.

The etimology of the word "job" has its oldest origin in the mid 16th century. So for a word that has been so well understood for more than 400 years, it is rude of Thumbtack to think they should redefine this word in their effort to make us feel good about using their lead generating service.

Changing the terminology from Requests to Jobs is deceptive. The oldest definition of Job is: "a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid". The person hiring us for a job has commited to pay us and in exchange, we have commited to do the work that is being requested. Thumbtack's redefinition of the word job is intolerable.

Thumbtack has failed us all when they misuse words.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
PaulasZzerts
Level 5

I can see. the pricing but that is not the price that I will be charged. Had a customer contact me (and 6 others) about a wedding I checked to see what it would cost for me to reply since two other pros had already replied: What the site showed was $25.14 but I wanted to make sure so I contacted support and was informed that it would be $45.70 to reply "It's your decision if you will respond to the customer or not, since you already have the idea how much it will cost and how many pros she reached out to. We understand the cost sounded high, but the customer expressed interest in your business, and they can still access your contact information and estimate in the future."

It seems that your new pricing model is charging use for potential new business that we may are may not receive from the leads you supply.

Moderator Kameron

@PaulasZzerts It sounds like there may have been a miscommunication here. The price that is shown to you when choosing to accept a contact will be the amount you are charged. If there was a case where you were presented one price for responding to a specific customer but charged another be sure to let us know and we can look into it with you and correct it.

HansenJC
Level 10

@KameronThumbtack's Methodology requires that we take screen shots for proof of every price that TT indicates for every Request. I have had situations where I failed to check that price and could not find that price after the quote. When I called customer service, they could not [or would not - you be the judge] tell me the price because the view of that price is ephemeral. We know that price is in your database. We presume this is deliberate and not simply a programing oversight. Taking and storing those Screen Shots is a challenging prospect that require us to be burdened with saving the evidence. And then to be treated to poor customer service after our momentary laps of prescience, we are made to feel blame for our failures. I believe these failures are Thumbtack's not ours. 

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections