Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Hiding Prices in My Services Settings

I have started hiding my prices for my Catering service. When my prices were showing, one of them would be automatically set when I accept an inbox lead. The customer is not setting these amounts (they appear at the bottom line of the lead and the top right corner of the response message when accepted) and neither am I. Thumbtack is auto quoting $ amounts to my response message. Many times the auto quote amount would be either higher or lower than the customer's budget preferences. I have had three chats with support and they have given contradictory information. One said that it is TT policy to do so and it is based on one of my prices found in my service setting. Another said that the customer set these numbers (impossible). The third did not understand the issue and sent a link on how to use the job tabs link. 

I can not have just one or even several standard quotes for every project, as each one is unique from the other. I have found that hiding my prices is the best course of action to prevent this; otherwise all my linbox eads have been declined to prevent conflicting information sent to the customer.

My question is: How does this affect my ranking?

Occupations (1)
5 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Re: Hiding Prices in My Services Settings

@ChefOfAllSeason I'm sorry that you've been getting different answers. It sounds, however, that there may be some confusion. You said, "Thumbtack is auto quoting $ amounts to my response message." Can you expand more or send a screenshot of what you're referring to? I ask this because the only way a customer gets a quote and a quote message from a pro is if the pro sends that quote. Nothing is sent automatically. When a customer reaches out, it goes to your inbox. From there, it's up to you to send them a message and cost. We understand that each situation is unique and that's why you're in control of what quote goes out to the customer. 

Based on past conversations and learning about your situation, hiding your prices is a good idea for you. Hiding prices will not affect ranking as long as they are filled out in your settings. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell- Thank you for looking into this. In the screen shot you will see an amount for$65 posted in the upper right and at the bottom line. At the bottom it says "your estimate $65" (The Y is cut off as it is a partial screen shot). A granular or specific amount is not possible as an option for the customer at all. All they can do is check off the budget options. I, on the other hand, can not alter that amount to one that I choose for any project. Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 3.09.52 PM.png

Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason can I get the first name of the customer that you're seeing this on? I want to take a deeper look so I can get you accurate info. 

0 Kudos

I think it best to send it private message. Is that ok?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason that works great! 

0 Kudos