Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Hourly costs?

Is there a way for me to set my pricing as a "Flat Fee" instead of filling out hourly rates as Thumbtack wants me to? I charge per event, not hourly, and I'm trying to reset the pricing, but unable to set it the way that I charge. This would help alot, and I'm sure many Pros charge by the event, not hourly(except for some job categories)

5 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Hourly costs?

Hi @DJStevie as of right now there isn't the option to set a flat fee for your category. I'm going to pass along your feedback but want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Do you charge the same amount for a one hour job as you do for a four-hour job? 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell
I also charge a minimum, but for 3 hours. So a 1 hour job can be the same as a 3 hour job, depending on locality, special gobo, etc I'm not travelling 150+ miles for a 1 hour event to be paid 1/3 of what I charge for 3 hours.
Explaining further, I charge by the event, some I don't charge at all(charities). So every customer has their own budget, family situation, etc. I negotiate with them, and determine a fair price. So for me to charge per hour is something that I can't do, as it's not who I was raised to be. My ministry is to help customers.
Do you suggest that I turn off the pricing until a change happens in my category, if/when that occurs? I was going to update pricing to reflect flat fee, but most customers will be more than confused, in my opinion
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie in the meantime you could try each option and see which works best for you. You can list the prices hourly to match your flat fee system and rank higher by listing prices. You can also fill out the pricing and then hide the prices so that you can continue to promote while explaining how you charge in your bio. Or last would be to not list prices or promote and explain your prices in your profile.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron, thanks!!
AndrewH
Level 4

Agreed.  I base at a fee for 4 hours as my minimum.  When I created my hourly rate I based it on my most common package... I don't want to take on 1 hour gigs that are an hour away.  My price is the same for 1 to 4 hours.  I've had to complain about this to thumbtack multiple times.   I somehow left on my autopay for MC gigs and got charged 15 dollars for a lead on some kids birthday party that requested only 2 hours and was far away...  took me a full day of complaining and talking 6 different people to get it refunded and now I am done with thumbtack until I see and improvement on this and their outrageous lead pricing scheme.