Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
MaxCozzi
Level 4

Instant Match

Like most people on here I am very disappionted with Instant Match and paying for contacts. I have sent in many complaints and have heard nothing back. For my main category, Event and Wedding Photography I have already spent $80 today and jobs that I couldn't do because I was busy the day of the event. Before I wouldn't have even quoted on those jobs because I knew I couldn't take them but with instant match you can't monitor that. 

The new Thumbtack model is completly disrespectful to the pros, the ones who pay for this service. This used to be a great service because we could personalize our quotes and choose jobs based on our availablity and interest. 

mm
Level 6

Re: Instant Match

As in understand it you have to use the calendar feature to block out days you are not available so you won’t get matched for those dates. The problem is you can’t link it to your own calendar (not shure why because I use other contracting services that can) so it’s another burden to keep it up to date.
linzywestman
Level 4

Couldn't agree more. Thank you for posting this.

cjacks1124
Level 3

@MaxCozzi wrote:

Like most people on here I am very disappionted with Instant Match and paying for contacts. I have sent in many complaints and have heard nothing back. For my main category, Event and Wedding Photography I have already spent $80 today and jobs that I couldn't do because I was busy the day of the event. Before I wouldn't have even quoted on those jobs because I knew I couldn't take them but with instant match you can't monitor that. 

The new Thumbtack model is completly disrespectful to the pros, the ones who pay for this service. This used to be a great service because we could personalize our quotes and choose jobs based on our availablity and interest. 

I totally agree. We do not see/read anything. We are not control anymore. I am very disappointed because I complained too, yet, I haven't heard from anyone.

I like to see what and/or who I am sending a quote out too. I change my quote depending on how many people.  I like to chat with my clients to make sure I am giving them the sevices they are seeking and vice vera. EX: I teach CPR; therefore, I need to know if they need Heartsaver or BLS; how many people; location, etc. With Instant Match we do not have that option.

As a matter of fact I haven't received any paying client since Instant Match. Money has been coming out my account because of "pretend" clients that Thumbtack make up.  I really hope this isn't true. However, I cannot help put to think it is...

I turned off Instant Match as they call it "pause" which I do not know if I am going to receive clients. So they say, I will receive clients; but I don't believe a word they say anymore. Thumbtack is all about money--sad a good company changed because they are hungry for more money instead of making their customers happy.

larrylifel
Level 4

Instant Match

Instant Match for me has had mixed results.  I am a tax preparer and have acquired some decent clients.  On the other hand the way Thumbtack charges based on a minimal contact is outrageous.  I have had many charges for client's initial contact is "Great, what's the next step?"  I answer, " give me a call to discuss your situation" and I don't hear from the customer but I get $40 charge.  I also believe they have a problem with billing, because there have been charges where there ihas no contact.  

I have pointed this situation out to more than 1 Thumbtck rep without anything  redress.  

I'm beginning to think all this reaching out is to cover-up incompetence.

By the way I have spent over $6,000 on Thumbtack this year.

Thumbtack444
Level 1

I have been extremely disappointed in Thumbtack for the last 3 months. I am a one man show carpet and upholstery cleaning business. Thumbtack 3 years ago made my business take off and has given me about $50,000 a year in extra income. The last 4 months barely $5,000!!! Just all of a sudden, out of the blue it doesn't work anymore. I want the CHOICE TO CONTINUE QUOTING LIKE I USED TO!!! IF IT AIN'T BROKE......DON'T FIX IT!! Customer service told me to change my profile info....lol. I am a 3 year too pro......believe me....its NOT my profile. Hey Thumbtack.....just FIX it.

Pat
Level 6

Heres my question on instant match and hopefully someone can provide an answer:

Let us say for the sake of arguement that there are 30 pro's in my field, within my area. Thumbtack says it sends out 5-15 pro's information to a potential client. Who's information do they send, all new pro's, all Top Pro's, a combination of both.  The pro's that have the higest set budget? How exactly are the pro's that have their infomation matched to a client chosen? 

cjacks1124
Level 3

@Thumbtack444 wrote:

I have been extremely disappointed in Thumbtack for the last 3 months. I am a one man show carpet and upholstery cleaning business. Thumbtack 3 years ago made my business take off and has given me about $50,000 a year in extra income. The last 4 months barely $5,000!!! Just all of a sudden, out of the blue it doesn't work anymore. I want the CHOICE TO CONTINUE QUOTING LIKE I USED TO!!! IF IT AIN'T BROKE......DON'T FIX IT!! Customer service told me to change my profile info....lol. I am a 3 year too pro......believe me....its NOT my profile. Hey Thumbtack.....just FIX it.

I said the same thing! "Just all of a sudden, out of the blue it doesn't work anymore." I randomly receive messages from new clients. If so, I have to click on the app and sometimes the messages are there. However, money is taken out. Now--what is crazy to me. I had to keep signing out to make sure my profile is current/working because I do not receive any customers. Thumbtack--Tried pulled this on me-- "Well, it shows you had two clients last week and one of them hired you and left you a review." Ugh. Yeah, but when I contact both and sent a follow up; they never replied. They really pulled my leg! We set up a time and day and never heard anything again.

"I want the CHOICE TO CONTINUE QUOTING LIKE I USED TO!!! IF IT AIN'T BROKE......DON'T FIX IT!!"  I agree! I want the choice of quoting just like before. I told them, If it's not broke...Don't fix it..  The issue at hand is-- they are being greedy.

I haven't had a "real/new" paying clients in weeks...

I turned off/pause the Instant Match.. As they "say" I will be about so send out my own quotes.. However, they made it clear--that-- Instant Match will receive first dibs.. I'm like, yeah, right, because I haven't earned any money being on Instant Match.

cjacks1124
Level 3

@larrylifel wrote:

Instant Match for me has had mixed results.  I am a tax preparer and have acquired some decent clients.  On the other hand the way Thumbtack charges based on a minimal contact is outrageous.  I have had many charges for client's initial contact is "Great, what's the next step?"  I answer, " give me a call to discuss your situation" and I don't hear from the customer but I get $40 charge.  I also believe they have a problem with billing, because there have been charges where there ihas no contact.  

I have pointed this situation out to more than 1 Thumbtck rep without anything  redress.  

I'm beginning to think all this reaching out is to cover-up incompetence.

By the way I have spent over $6,000 on Thumbtack this year.

"I answer, " give me a call to discuss your situation" and I don't hear from the customer." Same here, yet, I do not hear from the customer at all. 

If I do hear from someone, we are going back and forth with our plans; they will hire me, but I never hear from them.  When I reach out as a reminder or follow up; I never heard from them at all. Strange..

bmatchick
Level 5

Why no, "Pass on this job..." in Instant Match and other rants. :)

I run a portrait photography and photo booth business.  Even though I get business from TT and wish to offer the praise it deserves, there is one set of issues driving me crazy and I've been over it again and again with support, usually asking for a refund for something or other.

For the business I'm in, the Instant Match options are not only too few, but misleading to customers.  I'm constantly having to apologize to customers and explaine that they aren't going to get "1-3" fully processed headshots for $135.  They get one, more are extra.  This makes my business and Thumbtack look bad.  Some of the categories offer something like 20-30 processed shots on the medium budget option.  (I'm just going from memory, so don't quote me exactly, but it's misleading in any case.)  They obviously have no idea how many professional photographers work.  Why can't *I* specify how many shots they get for the price?  Even if they allowed for a custom paragraph to be delivered with the quote, that would probably suffice.  Sure, I can explain it after the fact, but now I've been charged and the customer may have lost interest because the cost has gone up since they were given the wrong information.  With the photo booth there are some age ranges where the kids are wild and I won't do those events any longer, but I can't specify that in Instant Match.  Yet, I can't reject those matches.

I realize they can't include every possible option, so why on Earth don't they just have a button I can click which says, "Pass on this job?"  That way, if I see it's at a venue I hate or some other reason I don't want the job, I don't have to just hope the customer doesn't contact me or be pro-active and message them that I can't do the job and please don't reply to this.  If feel that it's unreasonable to be stuck with their poor match criteria without a way to reject jobs before a conversation takes place.  They constantly claim that Instant Match charges apply when a conversation starts, but it's not right to be forced to pay for a job you don't want when you're only telling the customer you aren't interested in the job.  It infuriates me that something this obvious with such a simple fix is ignored.

I've been asking them to improve their Instant Match options and customer information for over a year and for the "pass" button almost as long.  I was a Unix engineer in another life, so I know the latter would be very easy to implement, yet I just get the same story from customer service every time, which leads me to believe it simply has to do with revenue.  (I will mention that I love their customer service people and it's one of the big reasons I stay with TT.  I hope they don't change the way that's implement.)

Anyhow, even though I'm told tons of people are asking for the same things, I can get no information on why, when or if any of this will or won't happen.  Pros can't even get alerts when an instant match takes place, so I get the fun ob of checking the inbox 10 times a day to see what's going on.  It would be nice to hear from someone who actually knows something about why these simple things aren't happening.  I know TT is there to make money, but it feels like the balance is tipping in a way that's taking advantage.  I know they implemented the "call' feature because clients were calling the business directly and unintentionally going around TT, and I get that, TT should get paid for a proper match.  No complaints here. But they need to be reasonable in the other direction as well.  If the web site isn't going to get fixed, at least be reasonable with giving out refunds when a real conversation doesn't take place because Instant Match is so inflexible.

Thank you,

Brian