results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Future Business Leads

@Kameron I don't think you are comprehending what I'm suggesting. Step away from the script & pay attention to what I'm saying! I'm NOT repeat NOT asking for the customer to include their phone number or an e-mail address in the initial details of their job request OK? I know TT always values & protects the customer who pays NOTHING to use TT over the service pro who DOES PAY to use TT to get leads. What I'm saying is when a potential customer responds to me asking about my availablity with any of the generic templates TT uses (i.e. 'Are you available on my date'? 'Sounds good. What's next'?, etc.) I get billed. Even if i decline the request I GET BILLED. The potential customer usually provides NO INFORMATION on how to contact them! They have ALL of my contact information! It should be a MANDATORY requirement that when they reach out to me using the generic template or however they contact me through TT that a phone number & e-mail address be included. Are you with me so far @Kameron? Let's continue on. At that point the initial response tells me they are ready engage with me to further discuss their event since they have narrowed down their choices of who they want to reach out to. They should not have any issues or be overwhlemed AT ALL in sharing their contact information with me. That's a lead I would gladly pay for because at least then I would have a chance to sell myself to win the job with a phone call or even a video chat. Now THAT'S a true future business lead! If I'm paying for something I darn well beter be getting the service I am paying for! Not paying for empty leads & false promises. Do you understand now what I'm saying @Kameron?

Instant Match will be removed as a violation of Terms of Service???

"PROHIBITIONS: Transmit more request messages through the Platform in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser"

This means that instant match is in violation of terms. Instant Match submits faster than humanly possible. So apparently, IM will be removed within the next 30 days when this new TOS agreement takes place?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Instant Match will be removed as a violation of Terms of Service???

@DefiningImagery "requests" is referring to the usage from customers and the number of jobs they create through their account and not the number of quotes sent out by a pro. 

0 Kudos

So it's a one-way street and messages from requests are not the same as messages to requests?

Well, isn't it nice to know that a person can't make 30,000 requests in a single day, but it's perfectly ok to make 300 in a single day, since that is humanly possible???? Seriously? A person should NOT be able to make more than ONE request in a single day for the same type of work. They should not be able to make more than ONE in a WEEK for the same request. If a person cannot find a suitable pro in the 30 pros that now come up, then there is NO reason for them to make a second request! How about changing the TOS to reflect that? Oh, that's right, then TT would not be able to charge repeatedly for the same request! And don't tell me that  we don't get charged for X period of time, because it's a ridiculous period of time even if it's a month, because if I paid to respond to them today, and they passed, then they don't want me and I shouldn't have to pay again for them tomorrow, or next week, or next month or next year!

Instant Match will be removed as a violation of Terms of Service???

"PROHIBITIONS: Transmit more request messages through the Platform in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser"

This means that instant match is in violation of terms. Instant Match submits faster than humanly possible. So apparently, IM will be removed within the next 30 days when this new TOS agreement takes place?

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

These moderators don't understand the TT product. When you ask them questions that are outside of the script they have in front of them they never respond back.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@DefiningImagery @Hankster Kameron answered the question very directly as to the TOS. 

While it can be 100% frustrating that customers return and make another request - believe me, I understand this, I was a pro on Thumbtack myself for 4 years before joining the team, and I ran in to this problem occasionally - try to understand that there is a balance between making Thumbtack a positive experience for both customers and pros.

If a customer makes an error in their request, or doesn't like the options presented to them, they do have the option to re-submit that request after a certain time period. The more positive the experience for the customer = the more successful hires = the more jobs for pros = the more times a customer will keep returning to Thumbtack to hire pros.

Is it perfect? Nope. Are we constantly working to improve it? YOU BET. 

There are many people behind the scenes working long long hours to make sure this is the best experience for customers and pros alike. People like myself, who have used the platform for many years and understand the importance of making it work for our pros.

I understand acutely the frustrations that can come with changes - but I promise you that we are all working hard (and we don't have any scripts in front of us) to make this a win for all of you.

Please, PLEASE keep giving us your constructive feedback. @DefiningImagery you always have a lot of great, well thought out things to say - it is so much appreciated to hear from our successful pros.

You are also welcome to direct message me and I am happy to help you in any way I can or clarify anything for you. I'm also happy to just hear and take your feedback - even happy to set up a call if you'd like to chat.

Thank you so much for your continued use of Thumbtack and for being the kinds of pros we love having on our platform.

Dusti

0 Kudos

If they make a mistake, it's a simple process for them to cancel the request and submit a corrected one. Anyone who paid for a response to the inaccurate request should be then automatically refunded. VERY simple, very ethical, but doesn't allow TT to double-dip and they want to scrape every possible $ out of a request, accurate or not.

You are actually mistaken - there is no "certain time period", unless that period is 5 seconds. I've seen people put in multiple requests in a row for the same thing. They will even also think they have to beat the system, thinking that they will be caught if they put in the same one twice, (as that would be a reasonable assumption as no other company would allow such, but TT wants the money) so they will even change their name or the spelling, to resubmit!!! Brandy was looking for wedding photography, and how ironic it was that moments later, someone named Brandi was also looking for wedding photography in the same town, on the same day, at the same start time, for the same amount of hours with all the same parameters! Really??? Or the bride and groom will each submit identical requests under their own names. Refunding the pro will allow your incredible customer expereince of putting in all the requests they want without hurting the pro - but again, that would mean TT has to give back those precious $ that should not have been taken in the first place.

Ive been with TT over 4 years and any change requested by pros does not go into effect, and the one or two times it did, it took a year or two to happen. On the other hand, when TT screwed up and removed the budget question and thousands of pros stood dumbfounded, unable to bid because we had no clue how to price it for the client's needs, TT suddenly saw a massive drop in income. They scrambled immediately to get a "please help us" message into the forum, begged for answers, implemented them over the weekend, and had it back to normal by Monday morning. So this is simply false about them being big and slow moving. When they want to make a change they can get it done in 24 hours - as long as its a change that puts $$$ in their pockets. But when its something to make the pro experience better, it takes years, if it ever gets done at all, and 99% of the time it doesn't. You can try to spin this any way you want, but every pro here knows this, and excuses just make TT look worse.

No Ssripts? LOL! Of course you all do! I see it here with line for line repeats and I see it in the emails I get from support. That was just silly. LOL! Smiley Happy

I do nothing BUT continuously give my contructive feedback. I have for years! And its always the same (scripted) answers! Nothing changes! My blood pressure goes through the roof! I've been left in a broken puddle of tears from the torture of the way TT always moves the finish line - you think you've figured out how to work in the system, and BAM!, they move the finish line again. Time and time again I've been on the phone regarding refunds and being slammed in the face with "we don't refund for that anymore". So, TT is telling me that was a fair and honorable reason for a refund in the past, no longer counts??? When for years TT agreed and now suddenly no? That says only that their greed has increased - an ethical honorable refund reason yesterday, is still the same today, the only difference being that the answer now is "NO, we're keeping your money, that's our policy" followed by a reading of the SCRIPT that cites policy.

So, I keep pouring out my heart here, and tyring to help others cope, and half that time that's met with my post being ripped off the board or partially censored because TT doesn't want the truth spoken about. I see people here ranting and screaming with no attempt at making a positve suggestion, only complaining, and that's fine and they are unsensored. But the moment I speak something too close to the truth, it gets whitewashed!

I don't need to spend hours here trying to help other pros survive. Most people rather complain than find a way to make things work. I am banging my head against the wall to the majority of them here, and I'm fully banging my head against the wall as I'm unheard time after time, for years, in trying to help TT be an amazing place for pros, instead of one that gets reveiwed as scam by everyone who tries it and leaves. But I do it because if I can reach only a few, and make things better for them, and teach them a way to make this work, its worth it. But, I can't keep doing it because it is extremley draining and time-consuming, and as it is, I have to work 12-18 hour days to do enough work to survive, with these forced price cuts. The $9k I lost this year in having to cut my fees by 50-75% to compete against  14 amateurs and newbies, should have been $9k in my pocket in increased over last year. Ironically, that $9k is exactly what I need to make my estimated tax payment, which I haven't made all year because the $ weren't coming in because of the changes.

I respectully say that, no, you do NOT know what its like to be in our shoes now, because you got out before these changes that have devestated people! You havent' experienced the frustration and the tears of desperation from a system that you desperately depend on to survive, suddenly kills your momentum! But I picked myself up and pushed through because I had to! I had no choice and I had to keep rolling with the punches and find a way to survive the steam roller that rolled though, destroying the fields that were feeding me all these years. I planted a new crop and a new crop and a new crop, every time I was mowed down. You truly have no idea what it has been like last year, and devestatingly  worse this year for the pros, when you sit there knowing at the end of the week that you're receiving a solid paycheck. People are terrified and hurting... that's why they're screaming so loudly! These PR responses that speak circles are not cutting it and making people even more agitated. Everyone would feel a lot better if TT would just come out and admit that they are making changes that will make them more profitable and able to expand further, instead of referring to a $1.3 bilion dollar company as a startup (!!!) and say that they made a HUGE mistake by trying to slowly transition to the new system -  which made certain new parts incompatible with the the old system, and really threw all the pros for a loop, and apologize for that and explain that they are trying to get the new sytem in place as swiftly as possible, to remedy all these sitewide incompatabilites. And then they should announce that every pro that sticks with them through these changes, will get $50 in credits for each year they've been with TT, as a reward for their loyalty, and tell us that they appreciate us, and our patience and understanding, and that we are a partnership and we will go on to make lots of profits together. THAT's how a company with integrity handles such a situation.

I once made an error on a client order. I screwed up on one of the imges and ordered the wrong size. I had also put an extra surprise  bonus image in their order because I found out that his mom live out of the country, and wouldn't be here to enjoy the birth of her impending grandchild. So I wanted her to have an 8x10 print from their maternity session. This is a $65 freebie. When I realized my error on the other image size, I apologized profusely, having caught the error myself, admitted to it, immeditely ordered a new rushed replacement at the proper size, and then added in an additional $200+ of assorted prints to make up for my error. This is the way a company should be run. Admit your mistakes. And the NUMBER ONE RULE OF BUSINESS: ALWAYS UNDER-PROMISE & OVER-DELIVER, not the other way around.

Hankster
Level 10

The problem is @DustiO is TT is NOT making this a positive experience for the service pro. Check out the thousands of negative posts regarding the product. For the customer it's wonderful because they DON'T PAY TO USE TT! We the service pro pay to use TT & our suggestions & complaints are NEVER heard! The Instant Match product in it's current format sucks! You want constructive feedback? There it is! I've provided constructive feedback before but the moderators ban portions of my post because it violates community standards even though my posts WERE constructive. Let's see if you can provide me answers because the moderators couldn't mainly because they don't understand the question because the answers aren't on their script. Same goes for the support team. 

'We work hard to be fair. So small jobs cost less than big jobs'. What does that statement mean exactly? For example in the DJ (I'm a DJ service pro) category what is considered a small job? Medium job? Large job? If I use Instant Match (which I'm no longer using until the product gets fixed) & the customer responds back with one of the template questions such as 'Are you available on my date? I get auto billed. I'll use one of the past leads I got charged for as an example. On September 17th I was charged $42.17 for Sarah M's (I won't put in the full last name) request when she reached out to me. How did TT come up with that EXACT price to charge me? What factors were used by TT when they came up with that EXACT amount to charge me? I was told a couple of weeks back by a support person named Emily that 'TT doesn’t have an itemized list of what factors going into the pricing'. BALONEY!  Somebody there has to know. There HAS TO BE some sort of pricing chart that you at TT have access to but DON'T share that with the service pro which TT should since you are taking money from my debit or credit card. Transparancy with how TT comes up with the pricing that you do is something that TT has lacked horribly with their service pros with the Instant Match product!

Here's some constructive criticsim for Instant Match which I don't use anymore. I've also offered a suggestion which I & would imagine thousands of other service pros have offered before. That suggestion falls into the proverbial black hole. I've been a service pro on TT since 2009!........

When a potential customer responds to me asking about my availablity with any of the generic templates TT uses (i.e. 'Are you available on my date'? 'Sounds good. What's next'?, etc.) I get billed. Even if I decline the request I GET BILLED. The potential customer usually provides NO INFORMATION on how to contact them! TT considers that  a 'future business lead' (Support team member Trixie told me that by the way) They have ALL of my contact information! So how in the heck is that a 'future business lead'? It should be a MANDATORY requirement that after they reached out to me using the generic template or however they contacted me through TT that a phone number & e-mail address BE INCLUDED!!!! You with me so far? Let's continue on. At that point the initial response along with their phone number & e-mail address tells me they are ready engage with me to further discuss their event since they have narrowed down their choices of who they want to reach out to. They should not have any issues or be overwhlemed AT ALL in sharing their contact information with me at that point. They are looking for a service pro to perform work for them right? That's a lead I would gladly pay for because at least then I would have a chance to sell myself to win the job with a phone call or even a video chat. Now THAT'S a true future business lead! If I'm paying for something I darn well beter be getting the service I am paying for! Not paying for empty leads & false promises which Instant Match has become of late. Since all I have to go on is the person's name I shouldn't have to spend minutes upon minutes of my time scouring Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or any other type of search engine to find out if the person who submitted the request & a lead I got charged for is in fact a real person. Some of these folks don't even provide a real first or in some cases last name. TT needs to partner better with their service pros instead of protecting the customer ALLTHE TIME! Again the service pro PAYS to use TT! The customer DOESN'T! GOT IT!

You say you were a service pro on TT? Really? Let's see what kind of guts you have. Let's pretend for a few moments that you don't work for TT anymore OK? You're back to being a service pro. With the Instant Match product in it's current format where you get auto billed when the so called lead reaches out to you, 99% of the time provides NO CONTACT INFORMATION other then their name, you initally respond to that lead with NO CONTACT INFORMATION OTHER THEN THEIR NAME & you NEVER hear from that person yet were auto charged whatever amount that lead cost would YOU still use the Instant Match product? 

2wolvesdj
Level 2

Instant Match costs

Instant match sounds great and easy and all that - but for those of us who are Sole or small company  it is impossable for us to use.

Need to be able to select what days we are available - and black out those we are booked on - otherwise it is just throwing money away - more so than bidding and having to deal with the window shoppers and tire kickers

Moderator Kameron

Re: Instant Match costs

@2wolvesdj availability is definitely an important aspect of Instant Match and finding success with it. This is why we do have the calendar tool available to block days that you're not available. Take a look at how it works in the link below if you haven't already, and let me know if you have any questions. 

https://help.thumbtack.com/article/pro-calendar. 

0 Kudos