results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
2wolvesdj
Level 2

Re: Instant Match costs

@Kameron  I got : PAGE NOT FOUND 

Moderator Kameron

Re: Instant Match costs

@2wolvesdj Sorry about that, it looks like the Help Center is undergoing some updates at the moment. Here's the main information you'll need from that page:

Adjust your calendar
The calendar shows your schedule a week at a time, and you can look ahead as many weeks as you need. You can block off fixed hours, whole days, or entire weeks to block off upcoming vacations or ongoing projects.

To update your calendar, follow these steps:
  1. Click your photo in the top corner.
  2. Select Calendar from the drop-down menu.
  3. Choose a service (if you have more than one) for the calendar you want to update. 
  4. Click the white cells to block off dates or hours you’re unavailable. 

Calendar cells fill in light blue when you’re marked as unavailable, and your changes save automatically. If you have more than one service on Thumbtack, you’ll need to update a separate calendar for each service.

With Instant Match on, we’ll default to matching you with as many jobs as possible, including those outside of your usual calendar availability. You can turn this option off in your Business hours by unchecking the box next to My availability is flexible. Match me with as many jobs as possible

Helpful tips

• Your calendar will update automatically when you accept booking requests from customers.
  • Use the left and right arrows to view and update your calendar for future weeks.
  • If you mark a date or time on your calendar as unavailable by accident, click the filled-in cells to reopen your availability.
0 Kudos
RobK001
Level 4

Instant match pricing

I'm not 100% sure how the new pricing works with instant match.. I had someone contact me just to say "I like your work, I'll keep you in mind".  Did I have to pay for that?  I never replied to the message.  Please say no..

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Instant match pricing

@RobK001 this one's tricky. Let me take a look and get you some answers. Could you send me a DM with the name of the customer? 

0 Kudos
bmatchick
Level 5

How to simply "pass" on an Instant Match quote?

Hello- This is for a photo booth business, BTW.

I've been using regular quoting lately because I can simply say "pass" and that's the end of it.  With instant match I have to say that it was an incorrect match, and then the person can still contact me and I have to call to negotiate a refund.

I've been asking for a plain and simple pass with Instant Match for a long time.  The reason is that I don't do certina venues, age ranges, outdoor events during the summer, etc, etc- things that you can't fine-tune with the IM settings.  And if there is a way to turn some of these things off it screws up other matched that I'd like to get.  For example, I don't do events with ONLY 13-17 year olds because they're too hard to control.  But if I unceck that box, I won't get matched with weddings where 13-17 year olds will be present with all the other age groups, so I have to leave it checked.  Also, people put things in the notes section which makes it a bad match- what then?  Since I don't get a message when an instant match takes place, I usually don't get a chance to pre-emtively email them and let them know I'm not available.  It's usually a sudden,  "Are you available on my date," and a chage for an event I have no interest in.

I'll probalby leave Instant Match off until this is fized, but after a year of asking customer service with no workaround  I'm not counting on it happening.  Please let me know if I'm missing an easy way to pass on IM jobs I don't want before I get charged.

Thank you,

Brian

Moderator Kameron

Re: How to simply "pass" on an Instant Match quote?

@bmatchick thanks for reaching out with your questions about this. The whole idea with Instant Match is that every job will be one that you can provide the service for and not have to decline. We know this isn't always the case and are always striving to make matches as accurate as possible. In the scenario you described, since it's so specific you'll need to decide simply which works better (13-17 yr olds off vs on). Either way won't be perfect but there's one that will work better for you. If you feel the negatives of either are too significant, then keeping Instant Match off may be the best for you right now. You've taken great steps in working with our support teams to let them know about your restrictions with Instant Match on and I assure you that feedback was passed on to the right people. 

0 Kudos
bmatchick
Level 5

Thank you for replying and I appreciate you sending the info forward, but please tell me why a "pass" button isn't simply implemented?  I'm a systems engineer/programmer and there can't possible by a technical rason.  As you say, IM in never going to be perfect and the only reason I can think of for not implmenting the pass button is revenue- revenue gained by matching a jobs which will never amount to anything.  Last week I got a request for a photo booth and everything looked fine, but in the notes they wanted a "magic mirror" which is a weird new type of photo booth I've never even seen in person.  If they had send an "Are you availabe on my date," would it be right for my to pay for something liek that?  Should I pay for gradeschool requests when, as I've said, I don't do those?  That's why IM is staying off.  There are just so many cases where IM is wrong.  Again, I appreciate you sending the feeback, but at this ooint I have to conclude that the lack of a pass button is simply a money grab becasuse there is no rational reason for not having it.

Again, thank you for your time.  I want to have a good experience with TT and believe they are actually trying to balance their needs with those of small business, but every time I speak with customer support they agree with me (since it makes sense), pass it along and then nothing.  IM will never be perfect, and when it fails TT is always the beneficiary, so that's the only reason I can see for not having a pass button.

Thank you,

Brian

Hankster
Level 10

There's no pass button because TT considers that customer a 'future business lead'. That's what I've been told. Of course these 'future business leads' provIde you with absolutely NO CONTACT INFO except their name! If your calendar is not updated & somebody uses one of the lame templates TT has available for the customer & God forbid you have an unplanned emergency that comes up on the date the customer is looking for good luck trying to get a refund. I've been using the manual quoting system for about a month now & couldn't be happier. I will not be using Instant Match again until TT fixes this product!

0 Kudos
sauliuske
Level 6

@Hankster, I'm not sure what your mean...  How is a customer I never respond and simply click Pass is a future business lead??  

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@sauliuske If you use the Instant Match product which you are not using there is no Pass button. You can decline the request using Instant Match but TT auto charges you. They like to call that customer who provides nothing but their name a "future business lead". I had another name for this but my post just got edited for being in violation of the Community Standards. Guess I hurt someone's feelings. Too bad! For the manual quoting system which you are using and I have started using again there is a Pass button option. Hope that clears things up.