Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
Highlighted
K-9
Level 6

Is Anybody Else Getting Charged for Requests that were DECLINED Or is it Just Me ???

Hey, wishing you ALL a very Happy New _ Can Thumbtack Survive This? Got my Insights and I've got a Question. Is there Anybody Else here Getting Charged for Requests that were DECLINED_ OR _  is it Just Me ??? And NO I do NOT have Promote Turned On _ Didn't have Instant Match on either. 

I've got Multiple Declines that I was Billed for _ Absurd _ I'm Anxious to hear All of your thoughts. Let Me Know IF I'm Alone in the Boat... Or Not ........(haha) I'm guessing Not (LoL) Best to All of You _ This is turning into a Very Dark Ride ~

It's Really a Shame ! This used to be a Great Place ~ Even If they do manage to Fix It - I don't Know IF I'm ever gonna be able to get the Taste out of My Mouth - That's  the thing about Trust. It takes a long time and a lot of work to develop AND It Can ALL Go Away in a Heartbeat !

It's Really a Shame.  Particularly when you consider that ALL of This was and is absolutely Self-Inflicted ~  Well I "think" it was self inflicted. Let me run it by the "team" and see what they say and I'll get back to you ~ LoL~ Let me know Your Thoughts !

Occupations (1)
3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Is Anybody Else Getting Charged for Requests that were DECLINED Or is it Just Me ???

@K-9 I want to look into this, get you some answers, and get you taken care of! Can you send me the names of the customers in which you declined and got charged for? Once I get this, I'll look and see what's going on. 

0 Kudos
K-9
Level 6

Re: Is Anybody Else Getting Charged for Requests that were DECLINED Or is it Just Me ???

Sure Meckell,

Thanks for Asking. I truly appreciate it.  Can't you just access the information from my Account??? I'm sure it's ALL there. Also while you're in there. Please have a look at my Text Conversation with "Edward" on December 4th @5:42pm. It should be easy to find. It was the 1st AND last one of those that I'll ever participate in.

It started at 5:42pm and was Still going on at 8:27pm. I don't have that kind of time. I don't  know if you do. Particularly when nothing get accomplished. Never mind what it did to my one and only texting finger. By the end of that call my one finger was absolutely done !

I was "told" that his Supervisor would get right back to me about it. I asked him to forward me a Transcript of our text conversation. He said he would and that the Supervisor would get right back to me. YOU are the 1st ONE that I have heard from.  So "Thank You" for that. It's most appreciated Meckell.

There are at least a half a dozen of these or more that I am being charged for.  I don't know. I stopped counting after 5 or 6. It was absurd and aggravating. Please get THIS taken care of as like much of what's gone on here at your end in the last year or so. It doesn't seem to make much sense and it doesn't seem to be doing Any Good for Either of Us. (well maybe you guys - but not us) Please know that I would truly appreciate your looking into this and get it straightened out.

They ALL need to be corrected as that was one thing that Thumbtack "used" to do Brilliantly in the past. Refund automatically on Expired Quotes and immediately credit back my Account.  Easy, Hassle Free an Confidence Inspiring _ Now Not So Much _ I would truly like for it to be confidence inspiring again. Please Help and do know that your efforts are truly appreciated.  Here are just two of them below. Thanks Much ~

# # #

Felixaul reached out from your profile
View competition insights

Not yet paid $14.28 to accept
This job doesn’t completely match your preferences, so you weren’t automatically charged for this lead.
Chatting with Felixaul Hernandez
Tuesday, Dec 18th
FH

Can you give an estimate?
2:27 PM

Get hired more with great reviews
Request a review

You declined this lead.
 =======================================================================================

Doris Yorks

Congrats – no need to quote!
Doris Y. already chose you out of a list of pros. Reply to seal the deal.
Dog Training
This isn’t one of your typical jobs, so review the details more closely.
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Show map
Weekday afternoons
Number of dogs: 1 dog
Dog size: Large (41 - 70 lbs)
Specific behaviors to address: Leash pulling
Dog training package: General obedience training
Dog age: 0 - 12 months old
Dog training type: Private dog training lessons
Travel preferences: Professionals may travel to my address
Your estimate
No price yet
Customers love seeing estimates before reaching out to pros. Set up prices
doris has only contacted you!
View competition insights

Not yet paid $12.90 to accept
This job doesn’t completely match your preferences, so you weren’t automatically charged for this lead.
Chatting with doris Yorks
Sunday, Dec 16th
DY

Can you give an estimate?
10:05 PM

Get hired more with great reviews
Request a review

You declined this lead.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@K-9 yes, I can access your account, however, I just needed the names of the customers so I could get you taken care of. Thanks for getting me these two names! I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience with your text conversation, I’m happy to help you here and get you some answers. 

I looked into your account and confirm that since you declined those leads, you were not charged for Felixaul or Doris. If you look at the payments section of your account, you will not see any charges for these two customers. 

I’m here to help with anything you need so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns! 

0 Kudos