Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
HansenJC
Level 9

Is Instant Match ON? Or is it Paused?

On or Paused.pngOn? ~~ Or Paused?

Is it ON?   Or is it Paused?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
8 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: Is Instant Match ON? Or is it Paused?

This is important to understand, so I'm glad you posted about it! The screenshot you shared shows Instant Match is on. If you wanted to turn Instant Match off, you'd click "Pause."

Another place to see if Instant Match is on or off is directly on your Services page: https://www.thumbtack.com/services/

In this screenshot, it shows Instant Match is on. If it were turned off, it'd say Instant Match Paused. Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 9

First I wish to apologize for not reading the word on my screen that said "pause" rather than "paused".

So I press the pause button. A simple thing really. One click and it would pause for me, right? Oh noooooo.

Thumbtack clearly doesn't want me to pause Instant Match without answering a multiple choice question. The answers are surely irrelevant. Once they learn the answers from all the pros who pause Instant Match I am just not confident that they will move forward with solutions to overcome the growing trend of Pros who are taking this next step in autonomy. They REQUIRE an answer. You may not enter your own answer. They think they have thought of every possible reason that you would ever wish to pause Instant Match.

So, if you do not see your own unique reason(s) for pausing Instant match, then you are forced to either

1) lie by choosing any random reason from the Thumbtack preselected list of reasons, or

2) ask for help from support.

I never wish to do that again. The nice lady said I could manage my own needs by using the calendar. That would take a whole lot of clicks. And besides, I had already been told by another support staff yesterday that I COULD pause Instant Match to accomplish what I needed to do. I just wasn't told how hard it would be or that I might have to lie. Doesn't Thumbtack care about ethics? I still do. I would have gladly written the truth if there had been an option that allowed me to be truthful. But it felt like my morals were being tested. Or could it have been that Thumbtack just wanted to make it difficult for me to pause Instant Match?

You be the judge. When you turn Instant Match off by pausing it, let me know how you felt about the process. I promise I will not judge your reason(s).

When I do turn Instant Match back on I will bet that 1) they will not ask why. 2) It will only take one click.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
pcarillet
Level 4

How do I pause it? I have spent a lot of time going in circles trying to find how to pause instant match/leads. It's not on my services page.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 9

@pcarillet  Is Instant Match still a thing? I turned it off so long ago that I am unsure it still exists. Thumbtack keeps changing the "Program" so often that I just think they modify it or rename it and role it out as some new thing after Pros reject it.

Did you hit the "pause" button?

I seem to recall that the system did not work and I had to contact support to get them to do it for me. In the dialog with the support person, I was asked WHY I wanted to turn it off. I refused to answer the WHY question and they pressed the question again as if an answer was a requirement to be allowed to turn it off.  I seem to recall the support person asked if I know how it worked. They always use that tactic of making us feel like we just do not understand how Thumbtack works.

Please contact support and see how that goes for you. Let us know what your experience was like. Remember, your mileage may vary.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
pcarillet
Level 4

I sent them a text and they turned off the feature. Now I only get charged if I reply to a job. I don't do much business from Thumbtack leads. I've learned to be very particular as to which requests to respond to. I don't want to pay for a lead just to discuss their problem. Most of my business comes from my website, established customers and referrals anyhow. Thanks for your reply. Best wishes for success!
0 Kudos
pcarillet
Level 4

I sent support a text and they turned off the feature. Now I only get charged if I reply to a job. I don't do much business from Thumbtack leads. I've learned to be very particular as to which requests to respond to. I don't want to pay for a lead just to discuss their problem. Most of my business comes from my website, established customers and referrals anyhow. Thanks for your reply. Best wishes for success!
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@pcarillet 

Yes, Instant Match is turned off, they are trying to get us to use their new system Promote.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@pcarillet I'm glad you were able to get in contact with our support teams about this and get some clarification. Since Instant Match is no longer a part of the site I'll be closing this thread for replies. 

0 Kudos