Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
partyfinesse
Level 5

Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Is it worthy of to charge a pro when a client uses a quick reply or conversation starter considering it is not a true converstation? Fee should apply when they "pen to paper" (e.g. customer types in themselves not a suggested reply) and engage a true conversation.

Keep the quick reply. Just don't charge for it.

Occupations (1)
States
67 responses
Serge
Level 6

Re: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

I dunno. Its a lead, even if it seems small, it's a start of a conversation
BillPersons
Level 6

I'd prefer that either  a) the quick replies are kept, but not counted as a contact, or b) they are dropped.   I get quick replies for "what's included" when my quote spells out *exactly* what's included.   If the client is truly considering me as an option, they'll be motivated enought to type a more useful question (or, they'll likely start a back and forth, in which case it's clear we've now got a legit contact).

Studio92
Level 5

I agree 100%. I am having a major issue with these quick replies. In fact 5 out of my last 6 bids NEVER responded to my message. So, Thumbtack sent out my bid, the customer hit a quick replay button (and I was charged!), I quickly responded to them, AND THEY NEVER WROTE ME BACK! I can't tell you how frustrated I am. I got billed 5 times with no income to show for it.

There is a major problem here and no one seems interested in fixing it. I assume because Thumbtack keeps making money.

WGACSC
Level 5

Yep.  Been there, done that, got burned for a lot of quick replies that amount to nothing.  I am much more selective in replying to quotes and do not use any of the automatic features.  It gives ME the control to stop wasteful spending on bogus quotes.  To me it feels like there is thumbtack bot placing random quotes, quick reply, and bam you get charged, thumbtack makes money.

Studio92
Level 5

YES! I just had that discuss with my wife. She said the same thing. Like Thumbtack is posting things just to make more money.

MrSeverson
Level 5

Bots. Exactly!!

Bubba
Level 5

I have complained about this many times. That do not care. As long as they keep making money they are ok with it. If they went back to the old way of doing things when we paid for ever bid we would save money. It was way cheaper back then.
Denise
Level 8

The quick replies withthe redundant questions are the worse. Like: Are you available on my date? If I took the time to send you a quote, I should not be charged because you wanted to ask the obvious. 

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

This is a good point.  There's definitely more we could do to make sure the quick replies aren't redundant.  It must be especially frustrating to you all to see a quick reply that asks a question you've already answered. 

Will pass this feedback along.