Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Gregglw5
Level 5

Lots of complaints and yet nothing has been done!

The old question, are you available on my date?  The answer is yes, charges applied, and you hear absolutely nothing from anyone.  This has to stop if Thumbtack is to remain viable.  Just yesterday I received a "can you send me an estimate question", I did plus a 20% discount for new customers and haven't heard a thing since.  Why should anyone continue to play this lottery?

Greg
Level 5

Re: Lots of complaints and yet nothing has been done!

I don't think this service platform is working for people. It never has for me, and the leads I used to see were way out of our service area. We are a HVAC contractor.

Reading the posts the last few weeks shows me I am not alone and there seems to be overwhelming discontent (99%).

I still do word of mouth advertising, and when someone googles us, we have a five star rating. That seems to be enough at the moment to stay busy.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Lots of complaints and yet nothing has been done!

@Greg I'm sorry to hear that Thumbtack hasn't been working for you. I looked into your account to figure out what's going on and found that you have the advanced setting on Suggest jobs near my travel area and that's why you're getting jobs outside of the area you have set. To turn this off, just go to services and scroll down to your advanced settings. 

I truly want Thumbtack to be a useful tool for you and your business and I'm happy to help in any way that I can. Feel free to send me a private message with any other questions or concerns. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Thank you, everyone, for all of the feedback you shared on this thread regarding quick replies. All of your suggestions have been passed along! To keep things organized in the community, we'll be closing this thread for comments. Thanks again and happy holidays! 

0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

I just got charged for a contact I rejected

I just got charged for a contact I rejected.  I didn't want to talk to this woman, but she made a contact even though I rejected her. She called me earlier in the day (Contacted outside Thumbtack), and she didn't want to meet at the time I had available. 

I shouldn't be charged for this. I am NOT on Promote.  

JoeB131
Level 7

Re: I just got charged for a contact I rejected

after texting TT help line, I was able to get the issue resolved... I think.  I'll know for sure in a month. 

0 Kudos
Silver
Level 5

I’m with you on this! I got charged big bucks just for people who are fishing around asking questions, non serious people! They ask me a
Question and I get charged for the entire job and frequency of job is once a week so they charged big bucks, and these people weren’t serious. They just wanted to ask a QUeSTION. I’m new to Thumbtack and these were my first experiences. It over drew my bank account. I’m getting off this is a rip off it’s only worth it if you get the job. Otherwise they’re just robbing my bank account.
Highlighted
saalfeld
Level 6

Remove your credit card from your profile.

Then you cannot be charged for the lead.

0 Kudos