Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
partyfinesse
Level 5

Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Is it worthy of to charge a pro when a client uses a quick reply or conversation starter considering it is not a true converstation? Fee should apply when they "pen to paper" (e.g. customer types in themselves not a suggested reply) and engage a true conversation.

Keep the quick reply. Just don't charge for it.

Occupations (1)
States
107 responses
Serge
Level 6

Re: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

I dunno. Its a lead, even if it seems small, it's a start of a conversation
BillPersons
Level 6

I'd prefer that either  a) the quick replies are kept, but not counted as a contact, or b) they are dropped.   I get quick replies for "what's included" when my quote spells out *exactly* what's included.   If the client is truly considering me as an option, they'll be motivated enought to type a more useful question (or, they'll likely start a back and forth, in which case it's clear we've now got a legit contact).

Studio92
Level 6

I agree 100%. I am having a major issue with these quick replies. In fact 5 out of my last 6 bids NEVER responded to my message. So, Thumbtack sent out my bid, the customer hit a quick replay button (and I was charged!), I quickly responded to them, AND THEY NEVER WROTE ME BACK! I can't tell you how frustrated I am. I got billed 5 times with no income to show for it.

There is a major problem here and no one seems interested in fixing it. I assume because Thumbtack keeps making money.

Highlighted
WGACSC
Level 5

Yep.  Been there, done that, got burned for a lot of quick replies that amount to nothing.  I am much more selective in replying to quotes and do not use any of the automatic features.  It gives ME the control to stop wasteful spending on bogus quotes.  To me it feels like there is thumbtack bot placing random quotes, quick reply, and bam you get charged, thumbtack makes money.

Studio92
Level 6

YES! I just had that discuss with my wife. She said the same thing. Like Thumbtack is posting things just to make more money.

MrSeverson
Level 5

Bots. Exactly!!

PastorHoward
Level 6

Same here! I NEVER respond with ANY of these automatic high cost responses. Weigh it out over time and you soonfind out that in the long run there is absolutely NO profit.The increased volume of responses doesn't increase the number of contracts inany significant manner and usually winds up costing the pro more in the long run.

0 Kudos
Gregglw5
Level 5

Wow this has happened to me since joining Thumbtack and nothing has happened. I keep hoping it would turn around but absolutely not. Same thing, same results, this is insane. Customers express interest, I quickly respond, get charged and never hear back from them, so frustrating. Why should the Pros have to constantly pay the fee for nothing?
jamiemosberg
Level 6

Went from a Top Pro getting 2-3 jobs per week to ZERO jobs and none to look forward to as of now. My average budget for "Quick Match" in 5-6 categories is $100+ per week and Ive been consistently paying monies and getting no responses from Quick Reply's. Not sure who's getting those jobs now but Im assuming its the ones with the biggest Quick Match budgets. ITs all downhill from here. Not sure I see this ever getting resolved.  

0 Kudos