Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Denise
Level 8

Re: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

@MattKassMusic Your post deserves a Pulitzer!

MrSeverson
Level 5

@Denise Pulitzer! 

Hahahaha - Yep!!

Highlighted
Cyndi-Via
Level 5

I just spoke with TT AGAIN... before I read your statement, I just told them the same thing you said! I got the standard reply (we value your input and will pass this along...) we have all heard this! I told them I as a Top Pro wish to see the statistics of hires on quick replys vs. filling out all the info. Personally, I am hired by very very few quick replys vs serious seekers looking to hire. If in fact this is to bring in curious lookers and turn them into serious buyers (for the lack of a better term) then show me how many really do hire!

0 Kudos
MrSeverson
Level 5

You should make it mandatory that a client has to key in their phone number. If we accept a lead and they reply we should be given their phone number along with being charged. However, if we discover that the phone number is bogus, and we report it back to you as being such, we get a refund. This keeps you honest. By having a phone number at least we can reach out and get somewhere.

Every other lead service (the 7 or 8 I've worked with) provides a phone number. Not getting a phone number from TT leads has always been a problem. 

jamiemosberg
Level 6

Your customers are us Pro's. We are the people who pay you... doesnt that make us your customer? We are Pro's for a reason. We know how our businesses operate while the people who YOU think are your customers have obviously no clue especially the ones using Quick Reply.  You should be listening to your real customers...the ones with expertise in the fields you are trying to sell to. 

0 Kudos
Denise
Level 8

I fully agree. Especially since we don't know up front how much a quick reply will cost us. When I see big jobs now, I am hesitant to send a quote because I know a quick reply can cost me 15x what I used to pay for a quote in the past. 

Studio92
Level 6

That is ENORMOUSLY FRUSTRATING!! It seems absolutely ridiculous that we would not know the cost before bidding on something. And the fact that no one can tell me exact costs is absurd. When I brought this up to a support person, they tried to compare it to buying a car and how you don't know exactly how much the car is going to cost you when you walk into the dealership.

Really? That's your explanation? Umm, the difference might be that before money is taken out of my account, I know EXACTLY how much the car costs. UNLIKE THUMBTACK.

I also agree that I am not bidding on larger jobs because I have no idea how much it will cost if someone responds.

We deserve to know in advance exactly how much it will cost for us to bid on something.

Denise
Level 8

@Studio92 Isn't it insane that we are now avoiding the big jobs? That is the opposite of what we are supposed to be doing as pros. Every other platform I utilize to get clients makes me excited about the big jobs. I used to feel the same way about the big jobs on Thumback. Now I avoid them like the plague because I am sure I will be charged the absolute maximum for a client asking something stupid like "Are you available on my date?" and then dissappearing into thin air. 

jamiemosberg
Level 6

Exactly how I feel about bidding on bigger jobs. I stopped bidding on them because of the lack of information, the amount of bidders allowed(5-15) and lack of transparency to the cost. The odds have definitely decreased with the combination of changes including Instant Match and Quick Reply. 

0 Kudos
Gregglw5
Level 5

I’ve always wondered if the actual customer is asking if you’re available on my date? If you just say yes you’re being charged, What? You send back every piece of information to land the job and never, I mean never hear back, very very frustrating. That’s why I’m wondering if we’re being manipulated.
0 Kudos