results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
missannienow
Level 9

Re: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

No. It is bnot necessarily a true lead or the start of a conversation. In the past, qe could pick and chose which Requests to follow up on, based on all the diffdrent factors each company decides on. And once we decided to reply to someone, could send a personalized message top them, showing why WE would be their best choice. We cannot do that now, plus are getting charged high fees for nonsense "leads."

jamiemosberg
Level 6

When I reply to a "Quick Reply" usually within a MINUTE and get no response then that is not a contact and a Pro should not be charged.

Tpt_1002
Level 5

I hate the quick reply! Would love to see it go away or not charge for it.  I'm not a big fan of the recent changes. Thumbtack used to be my favorite medium to advertise on and get business. Now it is my least favorite. I am thinking of leaving and looking at other options. I keep giving feedback but as someone else said, they don't seem to care since they are making money. 

davelikes3
Level 4

NO, JUST NO. We shouldn't get charged until TWO genuine job interest replies and received. It's really rubbed me the wrong way how Thumbtack has strongarmed us pros away from the credit system to cash, then into this one reply setup. Requests have dropped off, weekly expenses have gone up, and lots more no responses than before. I've been told that a reply is an introduction and that is thumbtack's purpose, it's what they charge for. Strange definition unless you're the one collecting.
Dave
p19581
Level 6

Agreed. Things have changed dramatically with the latest changes.  I had someone reply that they liked what they read about me but decided to go elsewhere for location reasons - and I got charged for that! When I called to get a refund, the person who answered acted like she was doing me a favor rather than righting  a wrong. I used to rely solely on Thumbtack but I have started another marketing campaign to make up for the loss of business due to Instant Match.

Denise
Level 8

Very true. Now we can't even speak to someone on the phone. So many changes and we have to get help via text or chat. Frustrating. I now get way more business and better paying clients from yelp and I am only using the free service. Thumbtack is not listening to us. 

p19581
Level 6

They should take the person who is designing those silly badges and make them answer the phone! Can you imagine a more worthless use of an employees time?!!!

Studio92
Level 6

Seriously, does any Pro care about those stupid badges? I'm here to earn business and make money to pay my bills. I could care less if I earned another badge. Apparently I keep earning them, and I have no idea how I did it or what it gets me. hahaha

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Thanks for all your comments on this thread, @Denise. We are definitely listening, and all of the feedback here about quick replies will be passed along.  We created this Community for pros like you to have a space where they can ask questions, get answers, trade tips and swap stories.  Conversations like this one are exactly what we want to see. Thank you for weighing in.

Cyndi-Via
Level 5

I have to agree with you completely. The changes that have been made seem to benefit Thumbtack way much more than it benefits the pros! Which without the pros Thumbtack would have no business. I have made multiple phone calls long discussions etc etc. I am actively seeking other avenues. I've been told on multiple occasions that even if I increased my weekly allowance ,the charge of my contact would increase to meet that increase! So therefore no matter what I do, unless, I substantially increase my weekly quota my potential for more clientele is not possible.tThis is true for everyone else as well it's not just me. At this point they have in my profession set up to take 20 to 25% of my income off the top. I cannot compensate for this because then I get loaded with messages saying I've priced myself out of the market. Then I get messages telling me that I'm too low for the market at my current price!? If I raise my price I'm too high if I lower my price I'm too low I can't seem to find the right answer. Thumbtack please pay attention your pros are not happy with the direction you're going! Show us that you do care about the people who bring you income or like so many businesses you'll see you're going to start having problems because no one's going to stay with you long term.