Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
DJStevie
Level 12

Lead Cost increase in DJ category?

Out of curiosity, I went to check Opportunities Tab since I haven't had any kind of lead come in for almost 3 weeks now. And what to my wondering eyes did appear when I opened the lead cost, $51 for this lead? If I recall, DJ lead costs used to be under $35, even near $40 this Summer.

What is the reason for $51 and a significant price hike for my category? Even $40 was too high in my opinion.

Any other DJs notice a price hike?

DJ Stevie 12-29-2019Screenshot_2019-12-29 Quoting Page - Thumbtack.png

4 responses

Re: Lead Cost increase in DJ category?

It isn't just you.

Happening in Photogrpahy, too.

DJStevie
Level 12

@PhoenixPhotog 

I know, as I have Pro friends listed in different categories and they say the same thing about lead costs.

My issue was that was listed as 8+ hour event, and I reached out to Support. I told them that majority of the time, couples list their wedding as 8 hours as they are unsure of when to have their reception (day or night), and to find out which vendors will be available during those times. DJ's are at cocktail/dinner/ reception for 4-5 hours, not 8+.  Support says that they believe the "customer" because of what they wrote and told me that lead costs reflect what a given job is worth. I should be the only one who knows what a given job is worth and shouldn't be able to pay $50+ for leads. Good thing that this was in Opportunities Tab or I may have been charged for "exact match"

DJ Stevie 1-2-2020

0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

Not in your category, but Resume writing leads are up to $14.00 now, which is about 25% of the cost I would charge.  Given I have to go through three tire-kickers to get to one real lead, it effectively means that it costs more to use Thumbtack than not use it. 

Again, if you are going to charge these kinds of prices for leads, they should be good leads.. and not just people kicking the tires. 

DJStevie
Level 12

@JoeB131 

I know that it's not just my category, but many others including yours as well.

I hear ya that we should receive good leads for the cost.  I would also like to see us receive some kind of contact information as well, but that discussion has been made in various threads, so I won't comment further on that here as my post has to deal with lead costs.

DJ Stevie 1-2-2020

0 Kudos