Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Payments

@Ariel on Thumbtack pros are charged for leads. A lead is the first time a customer messages, calls, books an appointment, or hires them. You won't get hired from every lead, but the idea is to close the deal often enough to make your spending worth it.  To learn more about what qualifies for a refund you can take a look at our refund policy here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/refunds.

0 Kudos
kbeierle
Level 4

However, a requestor who doesnt respond, call back, book an appointment with any of the service providers is NOT a lead. Thumbtack should refund, not credit, the charge....and Thimbtack's policy states that a provider will mot be charged if the requester's response is no thanks. So again, a no response should be refunded
Truone830
Level 5

Payments

Is anyone else getting charged without actually getting hired? How is this fair? We should get a refund.
0 Kudos
crussell821
Level 5

That is how Thumbtack works, you pay for the lead whether or not you are hired.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Truone830 you're charged to get introduced to customers. Whether it's customers reaching out to you directly through search results or them responding to a quote you sent through the jobs tab, that's when you're charged. If you have any other questions regarding your charges or how Thumbtack works, don't hesitate to reach out! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Paymentl

I was charged for a job...that I didnt even get
0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Re: Paymentl

Keep in mind that there is no part of the Thumbtack model that relies on you actually getting hired or getting paid for your work.
Lar
Level 9

Re: Paymentl

You're probably in good company @Gilliamashley88, because it is likely that a bunch of Pros like yourself paid for the exact same lead as you did and none of them got hired either.

When you pay for a lead via Thumbtack all you are paying for is the 'introduction'. There is no guarantee that you will get hired, no guarantee that your lead will even respond to you when you try to engage with them and no guarantee that they are actually a genuine lead.  

botanicole
Level 2

$28 for one house cleaning lead????

I'm new here so learning the ropes. I for sure never would have signed up if I knew I would be charged $28 for 1 lead????? And no guarantee of getting hired? I'm very confused!!

DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: $28 for one house cleaning lead????

That’s not so bad. Catering leads can be around 75 dollars. I used to pay 3-7dollars a lead and was refunded in 48 hours if they didn’t read my message.

Those days were awesome
0 Kudos