Community Newcomer
Best Answer
$37 dollars
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Payments

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Ariel on Thumbtack pros are charged for leads. A lead is the first time a customer messages, calls, books an appointment, or hires them. You won't get hired from every lead, but the idea is to close the deal often enough to make your spending worth it.  To learn more about what qualifies for a refund you can take a look at our refund policy here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/refunds.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
However, a requestor who doesnt respond, call back, book an appointment with any of the service providers is NOT a lead. Thumbtack should refund, not credit, the charge....and Thimbtack's policy states that a provider will mot be charged if the requester's response is no thanks. So again, a no response should be refunded
Highlighted

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hopefully something will get done.Quote cost in my field have more than quadrupled in the past couple years!

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I feel this one
0 Likes
Highlighted

Payments

Community Regular
Best Answer
Is anyone else getting charged without actually getting hired? How is this fair? We should get a refund.
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

That is how Thumbtack works, you pay for the lead whether or not you are hired.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Truone830 you're charged to get introduced to customers. Whether it's customers reaching out to you directly through search results or them responding to a quote you sent through the jobs tab, that's when you're charged. If you have any other questions regarding your charges or how Thumbtack works, don't hesitate to reach out! 

Highlighted

Paymentl

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I was charged for a job...that I didnt even get
0 Likes

Re: Paymentl

Community Veteran
Best Answer
Keep in mind that there is no part of the Thumbtack model that relies on you actually getting hired or getting paid for your work.