Highlighted

Re: Paymentl

Community Regular
Best Answer
This is true but policies on refunds are kept vague purposely so that thumbtack can refuse them whenever they want. Sending a bid out through the opportunity feature is free but I have lost count of how many clients don't engage in conversation and utilize quick reply buttons that thumbtack has created. The most annoying ones, "what's your next availability?" and "can you provide an estimate?" So many clients ask this after I've sent a quote already me I get billed for it because they allegedly, "engaged me in conversation." The reality is that they did not engage me in conversation they used a quick feature button that allows them to quickly ask all 10 pros that sent quotes for their availability thereby netting thumbtack a quick $3-400 for doing absolutely nothing. It's ridiculous! As pros we're getting taken advantage of by these features left and right!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer

You're probably in good company @Gilliamashley88, because it is likely that a bunch of Pros like yourself paid for the exact same lead as you did and none of them got hired either.

When you pay for a lead via Thumbtack all you are paying for is the 'introduction'. There is no guarantee that you will get hired, no guarantee that your lead will even respond to you when you try to engage with them and no guarantee that they are actually a genuine lead.  

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Too much to compete with 4-8 (or more) other pros. Thumbtack does not limit how many pros clients can request leads from. As an arborist I pay between $30-45/lead. If other pros are paying the same Thumbtack is making bookoo money off of our hard work. The cost of each lead needs to go back down especially if it's being sent to 8 pros! I don't see this happening.
Highlighted

$28 for one house cleaning lead????

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I'm new here so learning the ropes. I for sure never would have signed up if I knew I would be charged $28 for 1 lead????? And no guarantee of getting hired? I'm very confused!!

Highlighted

Re: $28 for one house cleaning lead????

Active Community Member
Best Answer
That’s not so bad. Catering leads can be around 75 dollars. I used to pay 3-7dollars a lead and was refunded in 48 hours if they didn’t read my message.

Those days were awesome
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

We don't want there to be any confusion @botanicole. How it works is you're charged to get introduced to customers. Whether it's customers reaching out to you directly through search results or them responding to a quote you sent through the jobs tab, that's when you're charged. Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

Community Regular
Best Answer

My only objection is the pricing. I would like to see the pricing change back to the cost of leads in 2016 when I first began using Thumbtack. I understand that Thumbtack has to make money and I would continue using the service, but not at an average of $60/lead. In 2016 and 2017, I would spend $100 and go on 5-7 quotes and usually book 3-4 jobs, but at the average cost of a lead now, I've worked on my Google rankings and that's where my jobs have come from this year. If you're not willing to drastically change the pricing, I WILL NOT  be using Thumbtack.  Please consider a drastic pricing reduction!!

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
This is obvious Meckell. But a customer reaching out is a customer engaging in conversation with their own words not using a quick reply that thumbtack has created for them as a convenience. That feature was only created to net thumbtack more revenue not to convenience clients. You can't tell me that as an employee of thumbtack who probably gets complaints about this all the time you don't feel the least bit of empathy with us about this issue as pros! It's a scam and thumbtack knows it. The quick reply feature need to go ASAP!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Same here, this app is all over the place.
Highlighted

Re: Lead Costs

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thanks for your message. I'm in the same boat, doing landscaping and for a bid to be $25-$75 just to reply is outrageous to me. And if a customer reposts the same job under a different category, the job could be a completely different price to bid. It's so inconsistent. I have never (and will never) bid $75 for a landscaping job. It's not even a guarentee they will contact me to come out for an estimate, let alone a guarentee I'll get the job! That's what a big company may pay, but for a one-man operation, that's way out of my budget.

I also used to speak really highly of Thumbtack, but it's gotten to the point where I feel like they aren't taking care of their pros and there are LOT more similar sites that are better to the pros. I don't know if increased competition will lead to a change or not. I think if the bidding costs were lower and customers actually got pros reponding, in the end, TT would benefit, the customers would have choices, and the pros would benefit too. As of now, yes, I see many landscaping jobs with really high bid prices where they reach out to several pros and no one responds.