results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Woody
Level 5

Re: Pricing

I have seen the cost of a few leads sent to me through Promote. When I set a budget for the week I was automatically charged for the lead before I new what they actually needed done. It was explained to me by TT support the cost for the lead is base on information the customer has provided as to the scope and estimated cost of the job by TT? I don't know but sounds alot like commission based advertising. Is that a thing?
0 Kudos
Allstar1
Level 5

Re: Pricing

I will keep talking about it !  They will have to change, or start loosing people like me !

0 Kudos
ConcreteGuy
Level 2

Re: Lead pricing

Ya they hide the pricing now for the leads. When thumbtack first started it was great the leafs were affordable and they were transparent. Now they hide the prices because they’re rediculously hi!
Nocturna
Level 5

Yeah, I'm having this problem too. I'm also getting glitches where I send a quote and it appears at first, then TT promps me to send a quote again even though it initally registered that I sent it. The new system is bugging out. :/

Moderator Meckell

@Nocturna I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Once this happens again, will you take a screenshot and send it to me? 

0 Kudos
Nocturna
Level 5

Yes, I will!

0 Kudos
Nocturna
Level 5

Actually, I found one from recently. 

I sent a message, pictures and quote to a lead over the weekend. Then when I went back to look at it, it was gone. She messaged us to say "what's the next step?" but when I scroll I can't find our original quote. Does it only appear on her end?

The initial message/quote I sent to clients used to remain visible to me, now it seems to disappear sometimes. This has resulted in me/my partner re-sending the same message on occation, which worries me. Are they getting it twice then? Did they not recieve it the first time and several leads thought we didn't answer them except to send them the dollar amount of our quote? I send a decent lengthed/letter style responses and pictures, but then it all disappears. I would really like to know what my leads are seeing when they inquire.

^^^^^ My initial message is gone now!

I ended up resending my quote and images to this client, but usaully they never respond after that...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for this info @Nocturna! I'm looking into this right now and will send you a private message with more info. Keep an eye out for that. 

0 Kudos
Nocturna
Level 5

Will do.

0 Kudos
Eg
Level 5

too high cost to answer messages

hello I do not know if they will have a problem because it does not seem right that 5 pros pay fees of up to 75 dollars for responding to client messages that some only ask for an estimate or next step, then one answers and they never answer you again, only one is paying for messages and you're not winning anything you'd rather be a monthly membership

0 Kudos