Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Woody
Level 5

Re: What to do if a customer ghosts you.

Yes, lead cost! Old platform good! New platform Bad! I have opted out of Promote due to high cost and no control over which leads I choose to pay for. For my years of using TT and payind for leads while I build my profile and customer following with a perfect track record in customer satisfaction I am now being punished by TT by no longer showing up near the top where I have worked so hard to get. Thanks alot TT
Moderator Kameron

@Woody when promoting you'll tell us which jobs you always want ahead of time with your preferences. When you were getting leads that you didn't want with promote did you try to narrow down your preferences, or is it a case where there weren't certain options in place for you to choose from in the preferences? When it comes to promoting, it's not meant to be a punishment to pros who aren't, but instead, it's meant to reward those who are for being more available to the customers that reach out to them. 

Highlighted
Woody
Level 5

With all due respect sir, you are giving the same response that 3 TT representatives have given. I have noticed I am not alone here with my concerns. If I may be so bold to say it again TT doesn't get it! This is not good for pros. The way it was was better. Thumbtack is charging on a commission based scale for advertising, period. I am very good at what I do as well as landing customers however I am now reaching far less potential customers for more money. I can't sustain this.
MR
Level 11

I feel like it is time that the leadership team at TT joins these discussions to hear what is going on and, respond directly to these boards. I am sure the moderators are doing their best to try to respond to the users, but quite frankly, they are not to be blamed.. they are basically the messenger.

It is time for leadership to respond here and not through a canned PR video telling us how important the pros are. Perhaps they can host a Town Hall Meeting here???

DJStevie
Level 12

@MR 

That's a great idea!! True, Moderators aren't to be blamed, but they get our anger first hand. Perhaps they can pass it on to the higher ups  to join in, Town Hall Meeeting? Or something to that effect.

MR
Level 11

@DJStevie Thank you. It will tell us a lot if they are willing to respond. These issue go to the very core of the lead generation model where, for it to be successful in the long run, BOTH the pros and the purchasing public must be happy with the service.

If they (the leadership) care, they will respond - its a basic fact of a good corporate culture. If they do not choose to respond, we can all draw our own conclusions about the model and the company and it is up to us whether to continue purchasing their services or not.

I really feel like the pros have been posting their complaints with good intentions, but it has become simply unfair for the moderators. Many of their responses are now basically 1-liners which seems to show a lot of frustration if I am reading between the lines correctly. The same issues are being hashed out over and over - its unfair to the moderators to have to give back the same (probably scripted) responses. These are young profesionals just trying to do their jobs. Its not fair to expect them to be able to champion the changes that are requested by the pros.

The issue is much bigger - It is time that these issues be escalated to leadership and that they respond to the pro's concerns.

MR
Level 11

Just FYI to the board. To date there has been no response to our request for leadership to respond.
It is not fair to the two moderators on this board to have to answer complaints of the levels that have been logged here and around the internet. It is my hope we will see the leadership team joining these boards soon to offer their responses.
Regardless of whether we agree with the responses or not, it will go a long way to show that TT genuinely has concern for it's paying customers - the pros.
DJStevie
Level 12

@MR 

Yes, I agree! I don't think that leadership will ever respond to us. Even though Marco is supposed to do a live Q&A on March 21, I'm more than 100% certain that many of our questions, concerns, etc will be deleted, edited or moved to other threads. Kind of like a pick and choose the safe questions to answer. I pray that isn't the case, because he needs to HEAR and have concrete answers for us.

cm2
Level 2

Lead pricing

i'm not understanding why do I have to pay a high fee just to tell someone i'm not avaliable?  it's outrageous and unfair to the person asking for a recommendation. Now I not only look bad but it also makes the person think my company is unprofessional as well.  I will nolonger use Thumbtack for my referral. and not only that I put my geographical area specifically and I keep getting all these request from areas that is far out!

Moderator Kameron

Re: Lead pricing

@cm2 if you are receiving contacts that are for days and times that you're unavailable I strongly recommend using your pro calendar in your settings to block out when you unavailable. Once you've done that, any leads you get for days and times you're booked should show you the option to accept or decline.

I checked your account to see that you've set your travel area to certain cities in NW Indiana. If you've been charged for leads outside of that area since you set it please send me a direct message including the customer's name on the lead. Any other jobs you see outside of that area again will show the option to accept or decline.

0 Kudos