results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
cm2
Level 2

Re: Lead pricing

Thanks for your response. I understand what your saying. However. I shouldn't have to pay almost $25.00 just to make a recommendaton though. that's my whole point. I find myself decling more and more leads because of the high lead price. Just saying

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for reaching out and starting this conversation @Hammerhead. At this time, if you quote on a job through the jobs tab or a customer contacts you for a service that you don't have promoted, you should be seeing the cost. If you're not seeing it, please let me know and I'll look into this to see what's going on. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

I may be wrong, but I think that @Hammerhead meant is that we are left in the dark waiting to hear from customer via Promote. We don't know the cost until we are charged. That has to change. I've given my input on that many times over, as have many other pros.

ConcreteGuy
Level 2

Why are you guys charging so much for leads now? If you charged less you would get more people using thumbtack. I’ve been on thumbtack for a long time and it used to be really affordable and transparent! The pricing has to go down! I mite as well use home advisor if I’m gonna pay that much!
Woody
Level 5

I was trying to explain that very thing to TT today! I used to contact 4 to 6 customers for the same cost. They are getting just about the same amount I have always spent but know my potential customers are far less which means less money for me.
Allstar1
Level 5

Pricing

I have to know what the price will be, "Before I see the job request" !  (Even a store tells you what the price is for a gal. of milk, before you get to the check-out stand !)

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Pricing

@Allstar1 pros that are promoting and being contacted may not always know the exact price ahead of time, but we do show a range that you can expect on your budget page. That budget is also there to help you control how much you spend on those contacts each week. To go along with your analogy, it'd be similar to buying multiple gallons of milk in bulk and knowing what the overall price is because you've set that weekly budget. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I may be wrong, but I think that the anology of milk  @Allstar1 was trying to get across is we don't put a container of milk in our cart without looking at the package, and price, true? That is what we want before we get charged for a conversation starter if using promote. We listed our budget and should be able to see what we want to purchase and not be surprised.

I made other points in a previous thread, so I'm not going to repeat it here.

Allstar1
Level 5

The reason I need to know what my cost are going to be, is because of what happened to me last week.   I was sent to a job in Anchorage, a 60 mile trip each way.  I was expecting to work 4 hours.   I  worked 2  1/2  hours. I was paid $100 .   My cost for gas was $35 , TT , took $20 , and I was on the road for over 4 hours !   Net to me was a big $45.00   !!!!!  Whould you work that long , for that price ?

DJStevie
Level 12

@Allstar1 

I know what you mean. I need to see the cost ahead of time as well. I've expressed my opinions on that many times over here, but it's falling on deaf ears. Using Promote, we can't see the cost until a customer sends one of those conversation starters to us, then it's too late.