results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Stage66
Level 6

Re: High Cost of Leads

You should connect with me we are in the same boat text me 8one77nine77312
0 Kudos

Electric

When i started with Thumbtack last year it was great we did get a few electrical projects from them , but this year we sumitted over 30 email quotes and didn't get any anwsers back from any customers and they took money from are account on some leads we didn't even take that's not right 

0 Kudos

I paid $25 for nothing

I just paid $25 for a lead from a person that got a price from me only to meet with other pros and use my price to get a cheaper one.  After Following up with the lead, I was informed she found another pro who beat my price.  Thumbtack is the WORST.  Porch used to be the worst, but now Thumbtack is the real nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Sugarellas
Level 5

Leads

Does anyone else feel taken advantage of by Thumbtacks new lead system?  I’ve been on here a long time and their new way to make money from their pros  is very misleading. I only want to pay for jobs I choose, not what Thumbtack suggests for me.  Lead pricing is ridiculous....I’m afraid I will have to decline.....Thumbtack!

Moderator Kameron

Re: Leads

@Sugarellas the jobs that are brought to you when promoting are ones that you chose yourself ahead of time through your settings. Aside from that if you're not promoting you'll be able to review any lead or job before choosing to accept. We're always working to improve and the same goes for the new system. Are there ideas or specific things in the new system that you'd like to suggest?

0 Kudos
Sugarellas
Level 5

I am not promoting but looks as if I was still charged.  Secondly, no one is paying attention to area we are located in.  I do not go to Illinois or Wisconsin, or Ohio.  I don’t need you to send matches for those.

If we are paying ridiculous prices....then a verified contact phone number of a potential client should be provided.

Dont tell your pros that a customer wants a quote from them.....that is your suggestion (lead) and how YOU make money. There is no sense of urgency, YOU are creating that. A one line conversation with a client that does not result in a job and is achieved by someone else, (that other Pro should pay for fee because they earned the job), is ridiculous.  Thumbtack is making a fortune on each lead.  If you match 5 (pros) leads for one job @ $67.....who’s making the money? Sounds like a hold up doesn’t it?

Go back to your old system by paying for credits at an affordable price.  You will make more money from your pros this way as opposed to ticking everyone off and making us feel like you just bent us over!

You can see by my reviews that I do have business sense and might know a bit more being out in the field than Thumbtack sitting behind a desk.

Most of us take great pride in our businesses and run them honestly and FAIRLY.  Does Thumbtack?  No

Moderator Kameron

@Sugarellas if you're not promoting then you'd only be charged in two instances. If a customer reached out to you directly and you accepted the contact, or if you quoted on a job from the Jobs tab and that customer responded. If you have questions about a charge feel free to send the customers name to me in a direct message and I'll be able to clarify. 

Your travel radius will be automatically set at 150 miles if your preferences are not set through promoting.  But you still pick and choose only the jobs you want to do. Without setting your preferences, you’ll still get leads, but they may not be exactly what you want (and you’ll pay full price). In the next few weeks, we’re adding the capability to sort the opportunities you see in the Jobs tab by distance.

There are going to be those times where a customer goes with someone else. But as you've pointed out, you have a great set of reviews and do a great job for your customers. Which will likely set you apart and help you win more of those jobs to make up for the times that things may not work out. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

0 Kudos
Sugarellas
Level 5

1. You still are not addressing why you have hugely increased your pricing.  As I said.  5 pros, same lead @$67.....robbery
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Sugarellas feel free to take a look at my response on the previous page about why prices have increased HERE. I'd be happy to pass along your feedback about what prices you feel would be more aligned for your category or per number of pros responding. 

0 Kudos
Sugarellas
Level 5

I also find it amazing that Thumbtack removes one of my comments here because they don’t like it, but when pros contact you about unsubstantiated poor reviews, you can’t remove those as you state.   Hmmm....double standard.  Take your feedback like a champ

0 Kudos