results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Leads

@Sugarellas we welcome ideas, feedback, and criticism in regards to Thumbtack so that we can see things from all angles in order to improve. However, those comments need to remain constructive, and comments that violate the Community Guidelines will be up for editing or removal. If you have questions about this feel free to reach out to me for clarification.

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

Spending a ton and no jobs

I simply can’t afford this.... I don’t understand the concept of paying for all these leads that don’t “lead” to a paying job. I’m going to have to turn off promoting cause it’s pointless if I’m not getting hired
And just how much is each lead and how is that calculated. It states I’m getting “20% off”. But 20% off of what??? Can’t find that anywhere. Is it a percentage of the job?
My starting cost is $150 but that doesn’t include any products. So I’m getting leads for jobs of a $150 budget. They don’t book because that doesn’t include product. That’s purchased after. So it’s basically wasting both our time when they can’t afford me.
Just very really frustrated and defeated and I just got started.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Spending a ton and no jobs

@cgema you'll notice that the cost of leads will vary. The cost is based on things like: type of job, size of the job, number of pros available, and how serious the customer is. You can learn more about this here.

If you have additional costs that aren't part of your base price, I would recommend listing those in your profile. That way, customers will be able to see that and know what to expect. 

I see that you didn't sign up too long ago, and I want to commend you on how great your profile looks. It's full of awesome reviews, and past work that you've done. Great job!

I want Thumbtack to be useful for you and your business. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. 

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

“If you have additional costs that aren't part of your base price, I would recommend listing those in your profile”

Did that. Clearly they don’t read it so it isn’t someone I’d want as a client. But I get charged for their lead anyway. That’s what is frustrating. I have no problem paying for a lead if it leads to a legit inquiry or job.
MR
Level 10

@Meckell 

You said: The cost is based on things like: type of job, size of the job, number of pros available, and how serious the customer is. 

How are you able to measure "how serious the customer is?"

cgema
Level 7

@Meckell. So do you have any suggestions at this point. I’ve now maxes out my budget for the week and it’s only Wednesday. And none of them resulted in a paying job.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@cgema I looked at your profile and one thing that's really sticking out to me is your response time. On average, your responding at around 3 hours. We've found that if a pro responds in one hour they're 20% more likely to hear back from the customer. If they respond within five minutes, they're 50% more likely to hear back. 
Your market is pretty competitive, there have been 414 jobs with 465 active pros within the last three months. Improving on your response time will really help you stand out. 

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

Thats completely not true.... when I get a lead I respond within minutes sometimes.   Your clocks must be off and quite honestly I'm a bit offended as I respond IMMEDIATELY and they ghost me.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

This is extremely disturbing. If what @cgema is saying is true, we have to wonder what other stats TT is seeing on their side that is whofully in conflict with the stats / behaviors we are seeing on our side.

TT says that there is a "healthy" interraction of pro / lead exchanges.... we sure don't see that on our side. Perhaps the analytics aren't the same???

cgema
Level 7

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 10.29.58 AM.pngAgain not sure what you are seeing but here are recent ones.    The only one that took longer is when they messaged me at MIDNIGHT and I was sleeping and responded at 7am.     

0 Kudos