results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
DJStevie
Level 11

Use Promote as customer!

I don't know where this falls in the Forum, but I thought that I would just post it.

@Meckell, @Kameron , @DustiO , On Monday, I decided to put Promote on as I needed to see proof as to what is happening. I logged off of my account and started searching as a customer. I noticed that I was top DJ. I received only 1 lead!! $32 lead cost! How is that 20% off?  I eat that cost as I turned on Promote to get some figures, but I want to know, Who creates the lead costs? Evidently nobody in my category and who understands my business.

Yesterday I checked my insights before turning Promote off again. 69 views only 1 lead!!! If I was top DJ in the searches, and my pricing is very affordable, only 1 lead? Really? Why can't I see who views my profile, only numbers?

This morning, there were 114 views, 3 leads!! 2 leads were from jobs tabs..I had to decline it as I do not DJ outdoor events in humidity because of asthma. However, during the cooler months of this winter, I would accept outdoor events.

Checked on insights, average cost per lead is $15..So why not charge $15 per lead?

Also, My costs per hour are my set prices when customer is searching. Yet it shows as estimate. Why? No wonder why customers send conversation starters about asking for my estimate. They see it as estimate and not my actual cost..

MR
Level 10

Re: Use Promote as customer!

@DJStevie I agree with your observations. Lots of people view the profile and only a small percentage turns into a lead - and when a lead actually does show up, there is a high liklihood that when we respond, we will never hear back from them. 

Its an interesting observation, because with all of the other lead generation services I am using, once I get a lead, the odds I will actually talk to them to try to sell my services is significantly higher. 

Not sure what to do about that - but its just my observations - and one that I know we pretty much all share here.

DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Use Promote as customer!

@MR 

Thanks for commenting. I was also hoping that someone from Thumbtack would reply to my comments.

Yeah, I wanted some proof to have for my records as well as seeing how customers view me and other DJ's in my area. After doing everything at the advice of a rep, I was surprised to see numbers not in my favor. Hopefully things will improve soon.

0 Kudos
Rocky8701
Level 5

March price increases

Can anyone tell me why pricing, starting in March , has gone up 2 1/2 times? I have called and text customer service but they continue to give the that it depends on the job, the city and the number of pro’s. However, they cannot provide a general price list, a range of pricing by catagory.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: March price increases

@Rocky8701 if you're looking for a price range by category, I'd check each categories budget page under the QA section, under "how much do I pay?". For example, I just checked on your door repair category and it says "When you promote your profile, you get a rank boost and a 20% discount on Door Repair leads that match your preferences. With the discount, most Door Repair leads cost $7 and will never cost more than $12."

0 Kudos
Rocky8701
Level 5

Unfortunately your wrong I was charged $15 for a lead today
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Sorry for any confusion @Rocky8701 the stat Kameron gave you was for door repair. The $15 charge you see in your account from today was for a door installation lead. It will vary from service to service. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
Rocky8701
Level 5

Why has Prices, starting March, gone up 2 1/2 times? Simple question but can’t get a straight answer
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Rocky8701 for which specific jobs or services have you noticed an uptick in prices? If you'd like to send me a direct message with some examples I'd be happy to take a look and see if there's been a difference or change made. 

0 Kudos
Rocky8701
Level 5

Today door installation $15
0 Kudos