Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Kory66
Level 5

Pricing

Bid #1
would like to have complete interior of the house painted inclusive of ceilings ( house is furnished) ; kitchen cabinets painted + change back-splash; 2 bathrooms need tiling and master bathroom to new remodeling/ config redesign
My cost to bid: $16
Bid #2
Need small bathroom painted. Also need 2 accent walls in 2 separate bedrooms, and staircase walls painted. Preparing for sale of house.
My cost to bid:$69.66
What is the deal? The first bid is much more work versus the second yet the second costs way more. I don't understand how you come up with these prices. It's like you charge whatever number pops in your head first.
Moderator Kameron

Re: Pricing

@Kory66 I can see where you might be confused as to why these are so different. The price of each lead will vary based on the market you're in and the size and details of the job. If the customer writes in a description for the pro that slightly differs from what they put in the filters or job questions our system can't pick up on that. I'd like to take a closer look at these two jobs, if you could send me a direct message including the customer name on each one. 

0 Kudos
Surfacellc
Level 4

So disappointed.

Just joined TT last week. Have had a few inquiries.  When I go to look at job, it tells me to discuss the job is $75.00.  I realize we have to pay for leads, but I will stick to other means.  This is insane pricing structure.  Especially when I, a cabinet painter/refinisher is grouped in general painting.  I was hopeful.  After reading the forums, I'm not hopeful........I'm leaving.  Wish you all well. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: So disappointed.

@Surfacellc I'm truly sorry to hear that your experience thus far has not been what you'd hoped. Can you tell me what price you'd feel better about paying knowing that you may or may not secure the hire?

0 Kudos
Surfacellc
Level 4

Re: So disappointed.

I realize that marketing costs.  But to pay that excessivly for leads that we don't even get contact information for is not duable by my standards.  The leads should also be qualified.  When are you looking to hire.  What price range are you expecting to pay?  Basics, so we can see if it is worth the cost to respond. I also think limiting it to a number of contractors is good, like it used to be.  My leads have come from 2-3 hours away - but that isn't want is in my travel range.  Yes, I don't have to respond, but why make me visible to people who are outside of my range?  By my NOT responding, it doesn't exactly build credibility.  If you provided me leads such as mentioned above, it would be in the $8-10.00 range.  I am paying a lot less than that and I get the opportunity to communicate.

uonlinetv
Level 5

Re: New Contest - Use Thumbtack as a Customer!

Totally agree , because i don't do weddings neither birthdays and i get those all the time and worst paying for it. 

0 Kudos
Djgeo
Level 5

Not affordable and the way your system works doesn't benefit the vendor. I had various client reply to my quote then never hear back from them. We lost money this way and your company didn't want to reinburse me.

0 Kudos
TheProfessor
Level 5

Sure, a professional will not response to a lead where the customer wants to spend $10 to get someone to come to there home, over 1 hour away, and then do hours of work for $10 and in the meantime they spent $20 for the lead.

Chefdan1
Level 4

My experience not good, I awnser and pay thumbtack 💰 customers never reply or call back. I’m thinking of going with. Different company,you charging too much
0 Kudos
realty4sale
Level 4

Im a contractor/realtor but I wanted to use your service but for some reason you charge more for realtors for some reason and they way your billing is very confusing, I dont understand and its not explained well when you first started it was more simple, it should be one flat fee for each contact and only if it was a solid contact but now Im afraid to use your system to get charged for something I cant understand, maybe you should offer free trials so we can put it to use so we can learn how it works and not your way and lose money

I suggestion 

0 Kudos