Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Yoseco
Level 5

Leads

Hi everyone, I'm new to thumbtack and have been receiving leads, however, only 2 out of 6 paid leads have turned out into jobs. Why are we paying for leads when customers choose another contractor and does not respond after initial contact?
Occupations (2)
States
0 Kudos
2 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Leads

Hey there @Yoseco and welcome to Thumbtack! What you're paying for is the initial contact you receive from a customer. That can be the first time a customer messages you, requests a call or estimate, or asks for your availability. Check out this article here for more info on what you're paying for. 
I understand how it can be frustrating when you hear from a customer initially and then you don't hear from them again. Make sure you're sending follow up messages reminding the customer that you're still available to help with their project. A little nudge can really go a long way! 

I'm here to help you with whatever you need and I truly want to see your business thrive while using Thumbtack. If you ever want me to look over your account and give you some tips, I'm more than happy to do so! Just send me a private message and I'll get looking. 

0 Kudos
Yoseco
Level 5

Re: Leads

Thank you for the response. I must say that the tt moderators are consistent. I received the same message from the faqs, online support,and you. However, when you spend $100 plus on false leads it can be frustrating. If we pay top $ for a lead we should have more options.