Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Gabriel111
Level 6

Leads

Hello TT , I don’t wang to talk about ridiculous fee you are taking from us or about leads you send me where nobody answer but you took the money , i want to now how much money i have to pay to you to STOP SENDING ME ANY LEADS !!!!!!! Please stop sending me any leads !!! 90 % of them are fake !!! So do you have a button somewhere “ NO LEADS “ ?
Occupations (1)
States
40 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Leads

Let's see what I can do to help @Gabriel111. I first want to make sure I understand your concern correctly. Are you not wanting to receive any kind of leads from Thumbtack? Can you expand more as to why you think some of them are fake? You're a Top Pro, have had over twenty hires, and have some amazing reviews. You've clearly spent a lot of time with Thumbtack and have found a lot of success. I want that to continue being the experience for you. 

0 Kudos
Gabriel111
Level 6

Hi Meckel ... do you have another word than “ fake “ ? If i answer to a lead you ( Tt ) send me in a matter of minutes and the client doesn’t answer ? And this is what is happened with, at list 90% of your leads . You , Tt , you don’t care about us after you take your fee ! I don’t want to risk my money with your leads . Or maybe the algorithm who make connection betwen pro’s and customer us just very very bad !!!
Moderator Kameron

@Gabriel111 The only jobs that we will send you are in the Jobs tab, which you will then pick and choose to send quotes to and only pay if the customer responds back. Other than that customers are finding you in the search results and contacting you directly. It's tough when customers don't get back to you, but there are some things you can do to help with this. I checked your response time average over the last 30 days and it's sitting just over 10 hours, which is quite high. Working to get this time lower I think could really be a big help, as we've seen when compared to responding 2 hours or more later,  pros who respond within the first 5 minutes see that customers are 50% more likely to respond, and 20% more likely within the first hour. Also, keep in mind that the amount of time it takes you to decline a lead in your inbox will also factor into your response time.

0 Kudos
Handyman_123
Level 5

Ok , but what about when we get a lead that the customer contacted one or more pro, if i answer you charge the fee , but what if the customer already hired some one you still charge me , why can you just cancel the lead if ut was already taken , 

Moderator Kameron

@Handyman_123 if the customer has already actually hired someone for the job it's pretty unlikely that they would decide to message additional pros. Sometimes the customer will message another pro if the first doesn't respond or if they are interested in hearing more about what both have to offer. 

0 Kudos
Handyman_123
Level 5

Alright so I have the option to accept or decline , but when i went see competition insights i can see that someone allready answer, if i accept the lead i get charged even if the customer desides to go with an other pro , what i am saying  is i should get a refund if i dont get the job , being that leads are so expensive now at  give us a break , or share the charges with the customer, some are just trying to find prices not really that serious 

Gabriel111
Level 6

Hi Kameron ... it’s not quite like that. I had a customer Shalini , we discussed about the job , she let me think we gonna work together . I schedule her , I didn’t take other jobs for that day and when i ask her about the address ( three days later when the job suppose to be done ) she told me she hired somebody else . I Paid Tt , I didn’t take other job ... What we could do with this clients ????

Moderator Kameron

@Gabriel111 I really am sorry to hear that, but looking at your overall numbers with Thumbtack it looks like you've been very successful. There will unfortunately always be those leads that don't work out, but the main idea is to win often enough to make those individual losses worth it and to be winning when you look at things in terms of aggregate. 

0 Kudos
NateCoker
Level 4

@Kameron I think you are missing the point.  This issue is not unique to @Gabriel111 .  This is very common.  Far too common.  TT does need to re-evaluate its lead development process a bit more to also protect the pros.  Right now, it is entirely biased toward the customer and does leave the Pro picking up the bill.  New businesses have a very hard time surviving the fees TT assesses for each lead (which do not seem to be indexed to any analytic history) if TT is also asking clients to reach out to multiple Pros (double dipping perhaps?).  The point is, I think it would be solid business practice if these issues were discussed seriously and not dismissed as "just the way it is."