Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Gabriel111
Level 6

Re: Leads

Thanks Nate , very articulate !!! Sometimes I’m lost in translation !!!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@NateCoker thank you for your thoughts about this. We understand that pros want more intentful customers and we overall want to provide you with more quality leads. This is indeed something we're working on. When it comes to landing a customer and then them deciding they no longer work with you, that's not much we have control over as that can happen anywhere, even off of Thumbtack. We understand that it's frustrating though. If you have any suggestions for us on how to make experiences like this one better, please let us know. 

0 Kudos
BShelton
Level 4

I totally agree!!! I am tired of getting fake leads! Some of them I won't even respond to because the name of the alleged client is highly suspicious or there is more than one lead from the same person but under a different name. I had a wedding scheduled for this Friday. The client apparently faked out because after communicating with them several times they no longer responded to my messages so I contacted them this morning and told them that if they can't communicate or confirm the arrangements I will not make any plans to be there. I think it is RUDE and also very misleading! I receive leads saying that the customer wanted to get my "availabilty" or "prices" and if I respond then I get another message which makes me pay twice for the same lead. I am getting very fed up with the new format. Plus, there is no way to go in and change the status on my end. Half the time the clients can't figure it out either so no one knows if the actual hire has taken place except that we have more or less verbally agreed on the ceremony. I am one step away from deleting my profile because I am tired of being gouged constantly without any sufficient returns to subsidize the money that I pay into TT!

Moderator Kameron

@BShelton I want to make sure it's clear that pros will only pay once for a lead and any secondary messages are not ones you'll be charged for. If this has happened to you let us know in a direct message and we'll take a look into it with you. Next, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some recurring customers not get back to you, I'm sure it can be very frustrating at times. Our goal is for pros to win often enough to make those losses worth it in the end, and we know that customer's not responding is a pain point at the moment. We're here working hard to hopefully help with customer responsiveness, so if you have any ideas that you feel could help with that, please share them. 

0 Kudos
BShelton
Level 4

I do!!! We should only pay for a lead when a committment has been made to be hired. That way we have some kind of recourse when the client flakes out. We should not be held liable or responsible for window shopping. When I go downtown and look in the store windows I don't get charged for that. But when I commit to making a purchase with that store/vendor, then I am expected to pay. In addition, I let my credit card charge lapse. On a "normal" day, I might get 4 or 5 requests at best depending on the day. In the last 24 hours I have had no less than 42 - FORTY TWO (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) requests in my inbox which I can't respond to because I have a payment due which I understand, but where are these FORTY TWO alleged clients every other day of the week?!?!?! This is not the first time this has happened! Something is very wrong and flawed regarding this!!!

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

@Gabriel111, mate you're doing brilliantly regardless of the unfortunate experience with this lady. You're a TopPro, you're top of the Search list in your trade/area plus you're got some fantasic reviews, can't get much better than that. Whatever you are doing right now, keep doing it, because its working well for you.

With this lady you said you scheduled her and then three days later (on the day of the job) you reached out to her to get her address and she told you she had hired someone else.

I would certainly get the customer's address at the time you schedule, not days afterwards on the day of the actual job. At the time you schedule a job you need definitive acknowledgement from the customer that they have indeed hired you. Not a verbal commitment on the phone, this should be an crystal clear written commitment by the customer in the message feed in Thumbtack and ideally in an email as well confirming the hiring as well as all the pertinent details necessary for you to do the job like the customer's full contact details, their address, date and time that the job will be carried out, terms of payment, etc - everything agreed and confirmed in writing up front.

Keep up the good work @Gabriel111, you lost this one, that's just the nature of business.

Cheers,
Lar.

Gabriel111
Level 6

Thank you for your good words Lar ! I will try to be more careful but sometimes they don’t want to send the address right away , I thought maybe they are afraid or something ( I don’t now , we are already “ vaccinated “ Smiley Happy , with background check ...) .. other times “ hired “ appears when they send the review.
Thanks again anyway!!!!
0 Kudos
Shades-85
Level 4

I glad to see I'm not the only on feeling this way! I turned promote on and I get 3 leads right off the back. I respond within seconds to customers with no reply! I reply to customers that have no pros and still no reply. Something is definitely wrong with that picture for sure!
AG2
Level 4

Shades-85 : Hi. That must be so frustrating.

I'm wondering if people are just shopping around

or if there is a computer program/hack that is

generating false leads. Does Thumbtack have

a way to verify that the leads are from REAL

people and not some sw program ? If 90% are

"FAKE" that could be very lucrative for TT and

not viable for Pros. 'just wondering.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@AG2 we indeed have systems set in place to catch inauthentic leads. If by any chance you come across a lead that looks suspicious, we definitely want to know about it! Please follow these steps here to report it. Let me know if you have any other questions about this.