Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Does more Pros cost me more money to place a bid?

@Kameron Thank you for affirming the facts. Now this is going to get very messy. In most zip codes near me that I do a seach, 30 Pro's profiles are listed when I do a search for a Home Inspector as a job poster. But not all 30 are licensed Home Inspectors. I know this by looking for their license to do home inspections on the state of Illinois website https://ilesonline.idfpr.illinois.gov/DFPR/Lookup/LicenseLookup.aspx. 20% of the Pros appearing in that list of Home Inspectors are not licensed as Home Inspectors. Does this mean that the cost of the leads should be 20% less due to the Thumbtack matching algorithm inflating the list with Pros who have never asked to be shown Home Inspection Leads?

I do not believe that the Licensed Plumbers, Licensed Electricians, or Licensed Chimney Sweeps would jeopardize their license by doing unlicensed work as a Home Inspector. They have not asked Thumbtack to be included in the list of Pros doing Home Inspections In Illinois. Give them a chance to opt out of Home Inspections and I am sure they will accept. They have not chosen Home Inspections as a service. The Thumbtack Matching algorithm is matching Pros based on key words, not on the services. Ask the programmers and I am sure they will agree with me. 

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections