Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Noel
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Even though you are posting the amount we pay "if the customer responds" which I do think is better than the old way of paying to send a quote, still I don't have very much trust that I won't be charged again every time I have a message flow and conversation with the client.    Right now I only quote when something fits my interest, my calendar, and if I have a sense that the client might have a conversation to fully discuss the job.  The form you have the customer fill out for my industry is awful. AWFUL.  Please work with the Pros to create forms for clients that work for their industry.   I would like to see what the customer is seeing that encourages them to reply/respond to our quotes?  AND what are they seeing that gets them to contact me?  In other words, I want to see a screenshot of their page view.  Thank you.

PeachyClean
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing makes no sense I just got charged 28.00 for a lead that was exactly the same as a 5.00 lead, on top of that he rescheduled twice and then canceled so it was a waste of 28.00! I do also feel like I get less business one week I will do good and the next nothing. Its tough.
myersclaireb
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Honestly, I've reached out to support about a million times on this topic. The fact that pricing is SO inconsistant is ridiculously frustrating. Not to mention, it continues to go up and change drastically from one to the next. For the amount of customers who just never respond or reach out and then never reply or get back to you (because they've reached out to SIX other pros) and then to pay upwards of $25 for EACH of those, it quickly adds up and has led to us spending WAY more than we ever imagined and not consistent customer bookings.

I really think there needs to be a cap for how many pros can quote via Instant Match - not to mention SO many customers looking on here just look for the thriftiest option as well as just reach out to gather information. I really think that customers should have the disclosure that their contacts cost the pros money. Why not be straight up about that? Maybe people would be more concious of their rampant responses.

I think it would be MUCH better if you only paid for the customers you actually book or hire you. I would have no problem paying more for them and not paying for the ones that we just have conversations with....or paying very minimal for them.

PKI
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I haven't used Thumbtack since it changed its pricing structure earlier this year. I have free credits on my account but I can't even use them because it is requiring me to put in credit card information and set my budget. I live in an area where there are very few pros and had a lot of success replying to my free quotes. There were also a lot of others that I had to sort through that were not a good fit. I hate the thought of paying to have to sort through ones. I also can't tell how much each quote will cost so I am not comfortable with the credit card and weekly budget. 

AbbyD464
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I think all of the changes have really hurt the brand. When I started using Thumtack a few years ago you could see the budget and scope of the prjoect I also knew exactly what it would cost me to send a quote, they quickly because a great lead generation source for me now I get almost nothing from them.... which means that I am paying almost nothing so I think it really is hurting everyone 

dnab
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

As a photographer, I was not getting value from your plaform. As a matter of fact, I was losing money.

Firstly, your platform democrotased the artistic side of photography; pitting us against each other to lower our prices to razor thin margins.

The charges i was getting for simply engaging an inerested potential client are outrgeous. You should stop doing that. It got to a point where I did not want to engage a potential client because I knew that I would be charged by thumbtack for speaking to someone who just might be shopping around.

So, from one end i was pushed to lower my prices drastically, and from another end I was getting charged left and right from thumbtack for simply trying to get a gig. 

The system you have in place favors the established members and does not help out everyone else. 

I stopped using thumbtack because I was litereally losing money using it. 

I will return only if you stop charging me to speak to interested clients. You can charge me if and only if I get hired and paid. You can then take a fair percentage of the service fee I charged. 

Your platforms pricing system is flawed. Greed is definitely a reason why. If you dont fix it, your users will eventually leave completely.

rlm
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree that the customer should pay some kind of fee. When I quote I normally give ALL the specs of the shoot and what my price include (to avoid the customer responding, unless they are serious about hiring me) But you still get customers who responds (and sometimes not even with an additional question but just a “thanks for quoting”). These normally lead to nothing but yet you get charged. Charging the customer will make them think twice about just responding to all the professionals who just quoted with irrelevant comments/statements.
Pro_Fetus
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I recently got charged for an inquiry that was local phoenix...turns out the client lived in Nevada.  Still got charged.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

I went back over the last 60 days.  I have paid Thumbtack $438 in "leads".  I have secured 2 of 21 leads - for total revenue of $1,250.  As a percentage of revenue, I am paying Thumbtack 35% to secure business.  That is WAY too much!  I feel like you have to be on instant match to get any jobs, because it seems that if you can get to a potential customer FIRST, you at least have a chance of getting the job.  If you wait, and send later (not in instant match) - there is almost NO CHANCE of getting that job.  So I feel like I have no control.  The "credit" system works great on other web sites where I get leads.  I can't stand the "are you available on my date" (and Thumbtack charges me $30 - $45) and I reply that I am avialable and get ZERO reposnse from the (un)interested client.  Instant match is a great concept, but it does not work for vendors IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE FOR EVERY PERSON FISHING AROUND - But may not be serious about hiring someone.  Get rid of instant match  - or stop charging us.  I, like many others, can't afford Thumbtack if I have to pay 35% of my revenue just to get leads.  I pay less than 5% margin on other sites.  I can't make money using Thumbtack.  I am going to have to pull out.  

K9
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

When I first found out about thtumbtack, I was so excited to see the potential for growth. I figured, I'll set a small budget and see where it gets me, but then real fast I saw that I had spent $20 in just a couple days and had no leads. In fact what was the most frustrating is that I am paying thumbtack for an "interaction". Who cares about interactions. If thumbtack is a site thats meant to help freelancers find jobs, then why am I paying for an interaction. It makes no sense and its robbery. I have since stopped using thumbtack until they change their method of charging. The other frustrating thing is that people do not include all the details of their project, so even if you are interested in the job, you would have to message them and end up paying, to only find out for example that you actually can't take the job for whatever reasons. 

I like how there are jobs on thumbtack, I think this platform has potential BUT not at the cost of the freelancers. I would be more than happy to pay if i get hired. it's only fair. I would even pay a commission of my job total if I get hired. however to pay so someone can tell me "hi, sorry i got back to you so late. I already went a different route." well... thats just wrong. 

I seriously hope thumbtack can change their ways.